Home Buying in Scottsdale>Question Details

joemsocal, Home Buyer in Scottsdale, AZ

I am trying to figure out if I can get a 4/2 2000 sq feet (roughly), decent sized yard and pool , for under 300K . Is that crazy talk ?

Asked by joemsocal, Scottsdale, AZ Thu Sep 27, 2012

Answers

6
Great news! You absolutely can! I found 7 properties listed on the MLS that meet those criteria ranging in price from $195,000 to $299,900 - but most buyers (yourself included, I'm sure) will have a few more items on their wish list. In this inventory of 7 - only 3 have garages. Most buyers have preferences regarding the age of the home - these 7 range from the oldest being built in 1957 (2 properties) and the newest in 1979 (2 properties). Some buyers are in search of that mid century gem - and these can be wonderful and fashionable investments! Solid, sturdy construction is certainly a valuable asset in those older homes when you can find it! Lastly, the next feature to consider is location within Scottsdale. Of these 7 homes, 6 are in Delightful South Scottsdale, with 1 home in Charming North Scottsdale. Whether you prefer one area to another is a matter of personal preference entirely, but if you are hoping to stay within this budget in North Scottsdale, you may find it quite a bit more challenging. If you are in search of more choices, South Scottsdale will certainly have more to offer.

Feel free to contact me with an email address and I will send these listings over to you to review.

Best wishes for a happy house hunt,

Casey Keith, Realtor
ROK Real Estate
http://www.caseykeith.com
480-202-8366 (talk/text)
caseykeith@hotmail.com
Not at all! I have some that are not on MLS.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2012
Greetings, A quick search of the active Scottsdale MLS produced 18 single family options meeting the criteria you suggested. I would be happy to send you a direct MLS link to these homes.
Feel free to contact us at any time.
Claudia Scott
Realty ONE Group
602-402-8595
Hello, that is not crazy talk at the moment. I just checked the MLS to confirm this and am happy to get more information from you to be more specific for you. At that time, I can send you the information on the listings available in this criteria.
Web Reference: http://www.dianezubrod.com
Hi Joe, your wish list so far seems reasonable. Please email me the rest of your 'wish list' at sreiter(AT)remax.net or visit my Scottsdale site below. I'd also be happy to discuss your options and preferred communities/amenities over the phone. I can be reached at 480.270.5200.
Hi Joemsocal-

There are definitely a few homes to choose form that meet that criteria! I posted a link below to see those homes that are currently available.

I am more than happy to talk with you more about your home search, and what areas of Scottsdale may be the best fit for you and your family!

Tara Viksne
Realtor | Certified Short Sale Property Expert
2012 '30 Under 30' FInalist
SRL Group
Tara@PhoenixHomeScope.com