Home Buying in Vernon>Question Details

Jim, Home Buyer in Vernon, CT

I am trying to buy a short sale from WF. We know they have done their appraisal and we signed a short sale rider 3 weeks ago. Will it be done soon?

Asked by Jim, Vernon, CT Thu Aug 12, 2010

We have a mortgage waiting we did our appraisal and we know they did their appraisal work around the middle of July. We signed the short sale rider and had it faxed back to them around the 22nd of July. As far as we know they have everything else they need (owners signatures on a contact and on the short sale rider. We were told at the end of June that it would be at least 30 days but weren't given any more info than that. Our lawyer has made several attempts to get info from Wells Fargo but no response. Any suggestions to speed up the process?

Answers

1
The word "speed" is not part of a short sale lingo. "Patience" is more like it. The best you can do is to continue to contact the bank through your attorney or mitigator and hang in there. At any moment the bank may get back to you. That moment may be soon or in the future. I am sure you know, short sales are never a sure bet, but typically worth the wait and hassle. Good luck and hang in there.