Home Buying in Cleveland>Question Details

juju3402, Home Buyer in Fort Wayne, IN

I am thinking of relocating to Cleveland. What are some safe neighborhoods that are near parks/greenway and walking distance to restuarants etc?

Asked by juju3402, Fort Wayne, IN Sat Sep 8, 2012

Answers

11
You can visit a couple of websites that show you crime statistics by address. One is called mylocalcrime.com. Another is spotcrime.com. Trulia also has a crime statistics feature.

There should also be a state website the shows registered sex offenders. I know we have one in Texas.

Another resource is the police department. Call them and ask the same question. You might distinguish between violent and non-violent crime. Places like hospitals and large shopping areas will register at the location where the crime is reported - shoplifting vs violet crimes reported at a hospital, so once you have the numbers and reports take a look at that as well.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
Cleveland has lots of great neighborhoods that offer greenspace and the ability to walk to various shops and restaurants. Ohio City, Tremont and the Detroit-Shoreway neighborhoods in Cleveland come to mind. Lakewood and Rocky River are west side suburbs that have parks and shopping within walking distance.
I would be happy to show you these areas and what they offer.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
On the east side of town there are Cleveland Heights and Shaker Heights. On the west there are Ohio City, Tremont, Lakewood and Rocky River. I have sold in all of these areas and would be happy to help with your relocation.

Jon Oberman, Realtor
216-334-4407
jonathanoberman@howardhanna.com
My ideal neighborhood is the Tremont area. That is where I hope to purchase my first home and raise a family. There is a lot to do and it is a relatively safe and quiet neighbor. Detroit shoreway has a lot to do and it looks fairly nice but it isn't very safe. I used to live there so I know. Where I live now, the Lakewood area, is perfect for those who like a quiet clean neighbor with lots of nightlife. There is so much to do, houses are pretty much at a fair price, and it is pretty safe. I love a quiet clean neighbor but I don't want to be deep in the suburbs because I find it can be pretty boring.
You can look at the map and it tells you all the crime that happens pretty interesting!
I personally like a few areas in different areas lol Its all about where you want to live!
I can help show you around if you'd like! Contact me anytime juju!!
Cleveland has several unique neighborhoods that would fit your criteria.
Ohio City, Tremont and Detroit Shoreway come to mind.
As an agent whose office is actually located in the city and who has listings in the city, I would be very glad to help you.
Please contact me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2012
Detroit-Shoreway is 3.6 miles from downtown with public transit, wine bar, coffee shops, restaurants, live music, gay bars, toy store and is city living without the fear. I will sell you my bachelorette pad, 3 rows from the Lake Erie @ Edgewater State Park . 40 x 140 lot, 4 car tandem garage, new roof in 2011, 3 bedroom 1 full bath, just shy of 1500 sq feet built in 1910 with original crown moulding. Best offer around $120,00 come enjoy the huge front porch with swing and mature oak trees.
there is an area between cleveland and akron , right in the cuyahoga valley national park that is not only safe but there is walking, biking . if you are interested feel free to contact me and i can get your criteria and send you some homes to look at online.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Safety on the east side and west side of Cleveland depends on the location. There are fantastic communities on both sides. My real estate team specializes in the entire Greater Cleveland area, and we sell more real estate than 99% of all area agents. We are very educated and experienced in the area, and we are ready to help you with your relocation.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
The west side of cleveland is safer then the east side, it also as more to offer. The beach, new parks, and friendly neighbors. I personally grew up in the Cleveland area and I have lived on both sides, so I would say the west side of Cleveland.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
I just helped another client relocate from Indiana. I would be happy to help you do the same. Please give me a call to discuss your specific needs further.

Dominic Picione
440-390-9510
dominicrealtor@aol.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012