Anjali, Home Buyer in Fremont, CA

I am thinking of buying a house from phase 1 of robson homes castilleja development in fremont.

Asked by Anjali, Fremont, CA Fri Aug 22, 2008

Does anybody know about the schools in this area? Also the development is very near to a railtrack. Does anybody know how much noisy it is and schedule or frequescy of the trains?

Answers

8
Hi Anjali,
The school district in Warm Springs is excellent. However, the elementary schools are overcrowded and there has been discussion on the new developments going to Grimmer rather than James Leitch and Warm Springs Elementary. I don't know if this will change in future years, but currently this is the plan. You can find this out if you call the office at James Leitch.

The train schedule is not consitent but the train runs frequently. It is not the noise of the train that you need to be concerned with. What you should be concerned with is the conductor blowing the horn. I live in the area and sometimes I think the conductor is horn happy. He blows is multiple times at every crossing and it is VERY Loud. The Castilleja development is next to the Scott Creek crossing. The entire time that the train is crossing the intersection, there are bells that ring. The further away you can get from the tracks, the better. There are houses and townhouses available in the Mayfield complex next door that range from 2-4 years in age. More than half of this development is further from thet tracks than the Castilleja development and they are even further away from the intersection crossing. The streets are Meadowfaire Cmn, Park Cmn, Daffodil, and Woodgrove. If you prefer paying for a detached home, there are two available at the front of the compex near Warm Springs Boulevard. I would consider one of those before I bought at Castilleja, but this is just my personal taste.

I live in warm springs area and will suggest you purchase ear plugs. Be prepared to be woken up several times a night by overly enthusastic train conductors who like to lean on the horn - over and over and over again throughout the wee hours. I read your query at just the right time -- very sleepy from having just experienced this last night. I really don't understand why the township isn't making more effort to stop this.
Anjali,

We currently are in Warm Springs district and have just bought a house in KB. There is no definitive answer to the schools question. Though there is a very good possibility that the new families may not get elementary school, however as someone pointed out parents there are focused with education of their kids. Having lived in that area, I am sure that ranking of schools will further improve with the inclusion if this area.

About the train noise, I agree with Nicole's comment. There definitely is horn-noise.
try visiting the area more than once and in the evening. Doing your own legwork will pay dividends.
The schools are an issue (can't get into Leitch/Warm Springs initially), but the other intangibles are the people who already live here and their attititudes. Just look at the Galleria shopping center at Gable drive and Warm Springs Blvd. What do you see?, Kids karate, two music schools, 2 afterschool/preschools, one math center, one SAT study centers, one english writing center. The parents of young children are focused (not obsesed) with education and family. You rarely see young children alone. There is a great sense of family and responsibility here. This is the type of behaviour I want my child to grow up with and model. Maybe you don't get in the first year, muddle through with Grimmer, or send your child to private school for one year. Ultimately it is your call based on your circumstances.
I also live in the area and Nicole's info is spot on. I would like to add that Grimmer is the default overloading school for Leitch/Warm Springs, and therefore I do not understand why people still overpay for the Warm Springs area for the "schools".

I also would like to add that the trains' horn noise has a long reach. My home is at least double the distance, compared to the distance between Castilleja and the Scott Creek crossing, and I can still hear the horns clearly.

Have you also considered the potential smell from the dump site at Dixon Landing and McCarthy? While it is probably not as bad as Milpitas, it can still be a consideration for many people.
You should be able to really really negotiate since this is standing inventory. You do know that the phase 2 has better floorplans though (at least as far as I think), right?
Hi Anjali,

The schools for the homes that you are inquiring about are
James Lietch, Warmsprings, Horner and Irvington. I would recommend that you verify and confirm the information by calling the School district at 510-657-2350
Also visit school site at http://www.fremont.k12.ca.us for more information.

Rail roads noise: I heard from the people who are living by the rail roads that they get used to it and it does not bother them like BART noise. The frequency of the train is never given, as guaranteed information even by calling them. It varies daily, like weekdays (may be 3 to 5 times) and weekend (some times none over the weekend) In other words, there is no guarantee for requency fo the train.

If you have yet not registered with them I can help you negotiate a price and terms.
I have helped many clients over 17years to negotiate their prices.
Please feel free to call me at my cell phone at 510-381-2105
Or email me at CharoBhatt@gmail.com

Good luck to you,

Charo Bhatt
Web Reference: http://www.HomesByCharo.Com