Home Buying in Lake Nona>Question Details

Nonahomeseek…, Home Buyer in Lake Nona, Orlando, FL

I am thinking about building a new home in Lake Nona Orlando - Do you feel this may be a bad time to build new?

Asked by Nonahomeseeker20, Lake Nona, Orlando, FL Wed Aug 31, 2011

Also - What communiites within Lake Nona are most appealing and attractive - We have looked at Eagle Creek - Thank you. Jeff.

Answers

11
Hi Jeff,

You asked pretty much the same question In June amd the answer is still the same. It's a great time to build a new home in the Lake Nona area. NEVER buy directly from the builder. Always take an agent with you. It will not cost you any money out of pocket. It will save you money. All the builders in this area will negotiate. A realtor with local knowledge will know what you can get out of them and will be able to give you honest assessments of each community.

The are currently over a dozen sites with new single family home construction in the area and soon there will be more. It is a very competitive market for the builders. Feel free to contact me and I'd be happy to put my neighborhood knowledge to work for you.

Mark LeMenager
Find your next house with the click of a mouse.
Search the MLS without obligation or registration from my website.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 31, 2011
Raquel has a good point Jeff. The prices of new construction will rise with each phase.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 16, 2012
Hi Jeff,

Better late than never answering your questions. I live in Lake Nona and can tell you that if you wait longer, the price of a new build in Lake Nona will be enormous
Hey Jeff, new construction is the way to go and Laureatte Park is located right next to the new medical city. Their town center will be full of shops, restaurants, and a full movie theater.

Give me a call if you are interested in visiting.

Thanks!

Steve DeLuco
818-641-6110
steve@golfpark.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 15, 2012
As Mark said, it does not cost you a dime as a home buyer to utilize the services a a REALTOR. Builder/Developers have marketing accounts set aside specifically to fund this fee. They pay us, but our fiduciary duty is to you, the buyer. Always ask you REALTOR to act as a buyer's agent. This allows them to disclose more information than if they acted as what is called a transaction agent. As a buyer's agent, they have no responsibilities to the seller. As a transaction agent, they have minimal responsibilities to the seller.

Blake Roby
TeamConnect Realty
http://www.MyDrPhillipsHomes.com
village walk pulte homes i have sold three homes in that subdivision resort style previously built homes in same subdivision by devosta call 321--271--1217 yogesh bharucha
Hello Jeff,

I just wanted to follow up on your question from August. Did you ever purchase a new construction poperty? If you have not done so yet there are some great deals to be had on Inventory Homes that builders have and are trying to close as soon as possible. Now is the time they are upping their incentives to get homes under contract before the end of the year. Let me know if you want me to send you some info.

Marion Thacker
Jeff,

I think it is very important to compare the resales with the New construction pricing. The new home builders have been extremely competitive with their incentives. You must take everything into account not only price. Some benefits of building a new home is: Additional energy efficiency, home warranty with builder, closing costs contribution, incentives such as appliance packages, included upgrades like granite, tile, blinds, washer dryer etc. All of these are costs that you may incur in a resale. Don't get me wrong, there are some excellent resale homes that have all of those options and a great price. Clearly, this is a personal choice and a great Realtor would guide you through that process at no cost to you. I suggest you interview agents and find one that fits your personality and families needs. Take care.

Eddie Torres, Realtor
Armel Real Estate ( located in Lake Nona)
407-832-8641
Hi Jeff,
Now is a great time to build!!! Builders ARE offering all kinds of incentives.
Eagle Creek is beautiful! If you're even looking at townhomes, Mattamy is building down the street from there too...There are many builders in that area...Resales are also a good way to find a home in an area that you like.
If you need help...let me know!

Carol Bauza
Keller WIlliams Advantage II Realty
carol@carolshome.com
I must say I agree with both Mark and Scott.
Due to current market conditions, builders are offering lots of different incentives to get buyers into their homes, whether it’s closing cost or upgrades, sometimes both. So this can be one of the motivations to go with a builder.
Also, be sure to compare your options with existing homes, since Lake Nona, is such a new community, you have options for homes that are only a few years old, which I would say gives you the option of getting a gently used home(with character, lol). Since there are so many options, and sellers are motivated to sell their homes, there are steals all over the place.
Again, the bottom line comes down to what you really prefer. Some buyers like knowing they are getting something brand new, which has never been used and they can proceed to add their own taste to it, while others are happy to cherry pick through the inventory of already existing homes and take advantage of the low prices.
Whatever your decision, be sure to contact an experienced Realtor, that is part of the Realtor Association. They will be able to guide you through the process.
If I can be of any assistance, do not hesitate to contact me.

Good luck with your decision.
No matter what part of the country you are in, now could be a great time to build a house. If you are getting the land at a price much under what current value is, you could be getting a deal. You should however compare what it will cost to build to what it would cost to buy a house alreaady built that another builder can not sell. In some areas you can buy a new home cheaper than it costs to build.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com