Home Buying in Sabillasville>Question Details

cctighe, Home Owner in 21780

I am the owner of this house and don't appreciate having it listed here. Please remove it immediately. Thank you. Catherine Tighe

Asked by cctighe, 21780 Sat Nov 9, 2013

Answers

4
You can try contacting customer service directly, http://www.trulia.com/help/ask/ Keep in mind that the property may appear on other sites as well...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013
Dear Ms. Tighe,

Sorry not to have replied to you more quickly.. Your request just came to me via email. As Jimmy Payne says in the first answer you received to your question, Trulia pulls information about homes from many sources.

I certainly do not have your home listed for sale and have no knowledge of your home. Apparently, your home was listed with my name? I can't say what has happened. I am a registered agent on Trulia, but I cannot remove whatever is listed about your home. Like Mr. Payne, I can say that Trulia pulls information from tax records and other sources. If your home has ever been listed and in the multiple list service (MLS), the MLS would be another source of information for Trulia.

My recommendation is the same as Mr. Payne's. You need to take this up with Trulia. In fact, I have a customer service contact for you because I had an issue this week with one of my listings. Agent listings are automatically syndicated, if that is the proper term, from our MLS to Trulia. In response to my email, Trulia gave me customerservice@trulia.com or 888-466-3501.

Good luck with Trulia. I'm sure sorry for your distress.

Peter
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013
Trulia has pulled the tax records for you home, it does not show your home is listed for sale. Unfortunately, since it is public record, they do show it. I have not seen any way to remove the listing but you would need to contact Trulia directly. Here is a question from Trulia's FAQ

Where does Trulia get information about homes that are sold or off the market?

We license the information about sold and off-market homes. Our data provider compiles public record information from local assessor, tax collector, and recorder offices across the United States going back for a period of 10 years.

Home owners can claim homes on Trulia that are sold or off-market and can add to or update the home facts we display for these properties.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013
Hi Catherine,

Even if your house is not currently listed, Trulia.com and other websites can pull information from the public records and make that available on the site. This information includes tax valuation, most recent sale price, basic home information (as last listed) and last sale price along with an estimate of value.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013