Home Buying in Taunton>Question Details

Jackie Conno…, Real Estate Pro in Taunton, MA

I am taking a pole & was wondering how many other people agree that the Holidays are the best time to have your property on the market? Guess

Asked by Jackie Connolly, Taunton, MA Thu Nov 15, 2012

why!

Answers

13
Mikel DeFrancesco’s answer
We've always had success in the "slower" times. Yes, there are fewer buyers but there are much fewer houses to compete with. Don't let the tail wag the dog... when you are ready to sel... put the house on the market with a proper marketing plan and it will sell.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 25, 2012
Assuming you meant poll, most homes are decorated and cleaned up for visitors durring the holidays.
A clean property that is ready for visitors is more attractive to buyers.
Of course there are those that are over decorated.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Even thought we don't have much in the way of weather issues here in AZ, occupied houses on the market during the holidays can be challenging as many people come to AZ to visit their relatives this time of the year. Plus I find that the market in general slows during holidays.
If my property was vacant, yes. Homes left on the winter when there inventory is low will stack up the days, but may sell with less competition.
While we in Florida do not have the weather conditions other states have to deal with, we do find that owner occupant homes can be difficult to show most any time of the year (in some cases, not all) but during the holidays they really don't want to be bothered (about a week before and week after the specific holiday) mostly because family/friends are coming in for the holiday.

Central to south Florida is the warm place to be during the winter with the exception of a few days when it does get cold!

We're here when you or your clients want to buy a second home or condo!

Happy Holidays to all !
Web Reference: http://www.TheBeachLady.com
I'm not going to say it is the best time because I can't discount the stress it may cause a seller (wanting to celebrate but trying to keep their home show ready) but I do agree there are serious buyers out there during the holiday seasons.
January 2nd is the best time to put your home on the market. Little inventory, buyers within the community can now think about moving up and want to be in before the summer, so they will be ready for school.

A good home, in good condition, in a good location, priced to sell, will sell in a blizzard.
In my professional opinion, buyers will think they will get a better deal at year end, but that is not always true. Alot of sellers who didn't budge on the price in the summer/spring market, won't for the winter market.
The advantages that Holiday Sellers enjoy are:

1. Lower Inventory means less competition.
2. Holiday Season Buyers are motivated and have fewer choices.
3. Homes staged for the holidays are more inviting.

Doc Stephens, REALTOR
With all the distractions of the holidays, you would think someone looking would be serious and highly motivated. Historically, interest rates & terms have been best for buyers in December. Lets be real, anytime is the best time. Who knows where and when that right buyer will come along. It needs to be on the market to have that opportunity.
Pole? I like flag poles the best. Tetherball pole can be good for exercise. ; )
I imagine the North Pole will by busy during the holidays.
Flag Fri Nov 16, 2012
Good one! I opened this looking for replies like yours...
Flag Thu Nov 15, 2012
I agree with Dale about serious buyers. Additionally, this time of year provides unique staging opportunities: holiday decor, cozy fireplaces, pies fresh from the oven.
The inventory is normally low and serious buyers have less to select from. The home must be well prepared for the market. In addition, buyers think they get a better deal at year end.