Home Buying in Fairburn>Question Details

SAMANTHA CRO…, Other/Just Looking in Union City, GA

I am surely interested in the GA Dream Homeownership Program, but I leave in Mississippi. My family and I are moving to Fairburn/Union City, Ga.

Asked by SAMANTHA CROFT, Union City, GA Wed Aug 29, 2012

How do I go by getting started with the process with the GA Dream Homeownership Program so when I moved to Georgia mostly everything will be in place? Help!

Answers

7
Hi Samantha, I am sure you are excited about your move to GA - it's a great place! An important step as Samyra mentioned is to get pre-approved with a lender. However, are you sure GA Dream is the best program for you? There are several other down-payment assistance programs in GA that do not have to be ever paid back like GA Dream or that offer more money that you may prefer. I have clients that use GA Dream but some prefer to go with the programs that do not have to be paid back or they want to use a program that offers more. Therefore, the first step is to review all of the programs here in GA and see which one works best for you! Do this first because typically each program only works with certain lenders and you do not want a lot of lenders pulling your credit.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 10, 2012
GOOD LUCK WITH GA DREAM....THIS ATLANTA INVENTORY IS COMPETITIVE. HARD TO FIND A SELLER THAT IS GOING TO WAIT 60-90 DAYS TO CLOSE VS.
How can I get a home under the Ga. dream program
is there any down assistant in covington ga.....
The best thing to do is call me when you get half way settled in Atlanta. In the meantime, go on-line and read as much about the program as possible. I will be able to help you navigate through the process and make sure are well informed. By the way, what part of Mississippi? i was born in the Delta in Mound Bayou many years ago. :-)
Hello Mr. Strong, I most certainly know where Mound Bayou is located. My home is Shelby, MS!! Thanks so much!
Flag Wed Aug 29, 2012
Contact me lets set something up i'd more than happy to work with you on your relocation process. Kaylane Peters. Keller Williams Realty Metro Atlanta Licensed in Louisiana & Georgia. 504-373-9696
Hello Samantha,

You must get with an approved GA Dream Lender. I've used Academy Mortgage in the past for my clients that have used the program. They are very knowledgeable and efficient. Debbie Raw with Academy should be able to assist you and answer all of your questions concerning the program and the qualifications. Her contact number 678-984-8919.

Thanks!