Home Buying in Saginaw>Question Details

Rc, Home Seller in Saginaw, TX

I am sprucing up for resale. Am painting exterior gray but turned out to look a bit blueish. Will this be bad for resale?

Asked by Rc, Saginaw, TX Wed Mar 24, 2010

We painted because old paint was chipping and looked worn in places.

Answers

12
Hummmm I think it will turn out to be personal preference. It is still fresh new paint. If you like it, so will some one else dont worry so much about it, just list and we can change it if need....

Gilda Jackson
817 980-0569
Real Estate Consultant/3xUS Army Vet
Off: 817-635-1157

I love helping out anyone in need to help save you time and money feel free to contact me with any questions reqarding stagging, pricing, adding desirability, etc.

Thank you

Joseph F.

"MEETING YOUR NEEDS AND EXCEEDING YOUR DREAMS!"
Joseph you need to check the dates on these posts - this question is from March 2010!!!!
Flag Thu Jul 26, 2012
Rc,

Gray/blue may be considered by some as their preferred color! The important thing is that the fresh paint helps to create the "curb appeal" you are searching for to bring buyers into the home.

Our recommendation is to consider "curb appeal" as a package deal...fresh paint, well maintained lawn, bushes and trees trimmed, spring plantings etc. may send the message to passerbys that this home has something to offer.

Good luck with your sale!

The Eckler Team
Rc,
All the advice so far is great but in the sense of just a simple paint color, most buyers are savvy enough to overlook this detail in consideration for the house they want. The aesthetics all come down to personal preference, unless of course were talking Pepto Bismol pink contrasting with navy blue and polka dots. The real concentration should be focused on the other such spruces. If you've only done part of the house and it does not really win you over, than get it changed now before it really becomes an eyesore. It's always a good rule of thumb to use neutral colors with either a slight contrasting trim or a strong contrasting trim. The sure fire way to determine if it will indeed affect the resale of the home however is to step outside and look down each side of the street. Do you stick out like a sore thumb or add a nice compliment and blend to the homes around you?
I think the white will look nice and clean. Good touch!

Jackie
Without seeing it, too hard to say. Why do you ask your neighbors and friends and tell them you want the true... nothing but the truth.

Post a pic if you can

Good Luck!!!
It is not bright blue. More of a gray sky blue. I might try the black accents. I was thinking of going with some white border around the floor bed and changing out the front lights to a white lantern look. Hopefully that will help. No, we do not have an agent yet as we are waiting to make sure we get the job and are actually going to move. Thanks for your answers.
Your paint color will tone down after a bit, and it may actually settle into what looks more gray. But, I want to congratulate you for not just selling the house as-is. Too many owners fail to do the sprucing up prior to listing the home, and their resale value suffers for it. Although blue is not a popular exterior paint color for DFW, do the work well and let the quality of your workmanship shine through. No need to re-do it.

Are you making the most of this make-ready time by letting an agent market the home with a sign and a 'coming soon' rider? We're getting lots of drive-by traffic now that the weather is warming up (except for last weekend when that artic blast hit us). It's a great time for your agent to do preliminary marketing and gathering names of agents and buyers who may want to view the home as soon as you determine it is "show ready"!

Have a blessed day!
Ronda
Rc,
Sorry to hear that but unfortunately blue does not add a value or make your home stand out in the crowd. If it is light Blue you might be ok, it has a very slim chance. If you painted yourself and can change it, You should change with a color that blend with your neighborhood. You can find showing and staging tips at my website remember to check it out http://www.dallashomelist.com

Good Luck,
Pelin
http://www.dallashomelist.com
Clean and bland works. The house speak for itself. If you choose a weird color and that throws off a potential buyer then thats a waste. Usually, people will do what they want when they buy it. A clean house with blaw paint is better than a dirty house with blaw paint. Neutral colors are easier on the eyes and evoke less emotion.
Hi RC!

What color are the rest of the houses on your street? You want to stand out, but not in a bad way! For instance if all the houses in the neighborhood are a neutral color and you paint yours bright red, NOT A GOOD THING! :) A blueish gray can be toned down with some dark gray accents or even using black. That brings out the grey tint of the paint. See if that helps at all. Please let me know if you need anything else!! I live very close to Saginaw!! Thanks!

Jackie Rankin
Tru Value Realty
Would you buy the home the way it looks? I think that as long as it's clean, you should be fine.

Would your HOA be ok with the color?

Naima
Web Reference: http://www.sumnerrealty.com