Home Buying in Medford>Question Details

ErinM, Home Buyer in Medford, MA

I am signing up for a first time homebuyer class, how good are they with providing downpayment and mortgage help?

Asked by ErinM, Medford, MA Fri Apr 5, 2013

Answers

5
Erin

Depends on who is giving the class. I know of several attorney's and lenders that give the class and a majority of the topics are the lending and offer process. Please let me know how I can help you in the process or if you need local recommendations.
Usually lenders offer this class to prospective first time home buyers, to educate them on home ownership so that "you" can live in your new home with confidence . But also they offer a incentive upon completion of the course. You should definitely ask your loan officer what added benefits you could possibly get.
Anything that a you get at 1 hour seminar with a few folks that is put on by Mortgage Broker to get new client I can talk with you one on one and provide you with personal service.

Going shopping for a mortgage. It may seem backwards to shop for a mortgage before you shop for the house, but there are several reasons for doing this. Shopping for a mortgage will also help if you can get “pre-approved” for the amount you’d like to borrow. This means the lender has looked over your credit and financial statement and agreed to lend you the money.

Sellers like pre-approved buyers because there’s less risk the deal won’t go through. First, you’ll find out how much you can borrow, which has a lot to do with how much house you can buy. Get my top 25 Questions for FREE that you should be asking your lender before you choose them to secure a mortgage. I have the expertise and knowledge to help you determine the absolute best loan program to meet your objectives.

Ensuring that you make the right choice for you and your family is my ultimate goal. And I am committed to providing my customers with mortgage services that exceed their expectations.. As always, you may contact me anytime by phone, fax or email for personalized service and expert advice.

I look forward to working with you!

Lowell Sterling
Mortgage Banker
NMLS# 968898
LSterling@englending.com
16800 N. Dallas Pkwy, Suite 290 | Dallas, TX 75248
Office: 972-646-2411 | Cell: 214-418-7022 | Fax: 214-614-4637
Bank of England /dba ENG Lending: NMLS# 418481
Hi Erin,
that depends, where are you taking your class? where you want to purchase?. Some programs have a dedicated geographical area that they cover as well as income guidelines for qualification. I would ask the program coordinator for the specifics. Hope this helps, info@wenrealty.com
Web Reference: http://wenrealty.com
That may depend on the instructor.
You could probably get as much or more information in a 30 min conversation with a mortgage broker or loan officer. Most mortgage programs don't require a course.

Rshapiro at assetmortgage dot net