Home Buying in Medford>Question Details

ErinM, Home Buyer in Medford, MA

I am signing up for a first time homebuyer class, how good are they with providing downpayment and mortgage help?

Asked by ErinM, Medford, MA Fri Apr 5, 2013

Answers

4
Erin

Depends on who is giving the class. I know of several attorney's and lenders that give the class and a majority of the topics are the lending and offer process. Please let me know how I can help you in the process or if you need local recommendations.
Usually lenders offer this class to prospective first time home buyers, to educate them on home ownership so that "you" can live in your new home with confidence . But also they offer a incentive upon completion of the course. You should definitely ask your loan officer what added benefits you could possibly get.
Hi Erin,
that depends, where are you taking your class? where you want to purchase?. Some programs have a dedicated geographical area that they cover as well as income guidelines for qualification. I would ask the program coordinator for the specifics. Hope this helps, info@wenrealty.com
Web Reference: http://wenrealty.com
That may depend on the instructor.
You could probably get as much or more information in a 30 min conversation with a mortgage broker or loan officer. Most mortgage programs don't require a course.

Rshapiro at assetmortgage dot net