Hong, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

I am shooping house in Trooper area because my job will be there. Today's house market makes me worry about

Asked by Hong, Boston, MA Wed Nov 7, 2007

the re-sell value of the house I am going to buy. Any comment?

Answers

6
Yes, the Real Estate market has come down, but when looking at the history of Real Estate it's one of the best investments you can make. When buying a home, This area has a lot to offer: shopping, buisness, schools, parks etc. I have lived in Oaks, which is the same zip as Trooper, and moved 7 minutes further west into Collegeville and I am thrilled with the market. Any questions? ed@edwardcarboy.com
Web Reference: http://www.edwardcarboy.com
Collegeville, Schwenksville, Skippack, or any area in the Perkiomen school district have had a great resale return in any market. Things that affect resale value are home being on a main road, home being higher priced than other homes in the neighborhood, being near a store, apartment building, or any commercial property, and location to highways. Let me know if this helps.
In this day and age people change careers and jobs often.I would advise that you expand your search area and consider a more rounded quality of life.The home you purchase may turn out to be a longer commitment that the job offer you accept.We have a plan for buyers that works well.Contact me at john@jbrealtyservice.com
Web Reference: http://jbrealtyservice.com
Hong,

Personally having grown up in West Norriton, it continues to be a wonderful place to reside-diverse, conveniently located and evolving. Unlike the Boston market, the suburban Philadelphia market, for the most part, has stabilized over the course of the last year; median prices appear to be flat year-over-year in the core communities. The future is uncertain, but the Trooper area of which you speak has many cultural & shopping amenities frequented by residents of the Delaware Valley, as well as being in close proximity to major employers that will continue to draw future homebuyers such as yourself. If I can be of assistance introducing you to this area, contact me.
Hello Hong,

I am a Realtor with Coldwell Banker Realty Professionals. We are the leading real estate company in the West Norriton Area. My first comment would be; Stop watching the news. According to Trend Multiple Listing Service the average sale price of the 301homes that sold in West Norriton in 2006 was $219,123. The Average sale price of the 230 homes that have sold year to date is $225,154. What will happen next year is anyones' guess. My opinion is that the market will continue to remain level.

My question for you is how long do you plan on staying in your home?

When you get a moment send me an email with a little bit more about what your real estate needs are and let me see if I can help.

Gregory S. Parker, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Realty Professionals
2924 Swede Road
East Norriton, PA 19401
Office: 610-277-5000 Ext. 249
Direct: 610-994-1147
Fax: 610-277-1556
E-Mail: greg.parker@coldwellbanker.com
Great Question!
There is much to consider as to if it makes financial sense to purchase now.
Re-sale value is only part of the equation. Anyone who would council or advise without knowing more about You and Your specific situation would be doing you an injustice.
The answer to this question depends on YOUR SPECIFIC circumstances.
As an example: Are you renting now or do you have a home to sell? How long do you expect to live (or own) your new home? What is your current credit situation (FICO Score)? Do you qualify for assistance or a grant. For example, If you work for Montgomery County, They have a program to assist you up to $15,000 (which will NOT need to be paid back ( with certain conditions/qualifications)?
I could go on and on but your best bet is to speak with an agent who is Qualified in these areas.
The Short answer to your question is maybe it's a GREAT Time to buy and Maybe it's the Wrong time to buy.
Feel free to contact me at 215-605-5525. and I will discuss in detail with No Obligation
Hello David. Where can I find out more about Montgomery County's housing assistance for those that work for the county? My wife has a job working for the county and we are currently looking at homes.
Flag Sat Aug 3, 2013