Home Buying in Henderson>Question Details

Desertdfolks, Home Buyer in Henderson, NV

I am retired living in AZ, husband lives in CA married in NV havent been together for over 10 years. Can I buy a house without his signature?

Asked by Desertdfolks, Henderson, NV Wed Mar 30, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


If you would be using a conventional loan to finance the property there would be no problem - only your credit, debt and income would be considered. If you want to use FHA to finance the purchase, his credit would need to be pulled and his debts would need to be included when calculating your debt ratio.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 6, 2011
ps: he has to fill out a quit Claim deed too I think. again, ask your agent to confirm for AZ.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 30, 2011
In North Carolina the law is one to buy and two to sell if you are married.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 30, 2011
One to buy two to sell if married. If you are getting a loan your husband may either have to sign a quitclaim deed or go on the loan with you. Depends on the state law.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 4, 2011
This is really a legal question and you might consider speaking to an Attorney about it. It's a subject that is on the "edge" between real estate and law. Since Realtors are typically not Attorneys, Realtor's should probably not answer in terms of giving you guidance. If you need a referral to a pre-screened Realtor (who may also be an Attorney) please contact me privately.

Mark W. Miller, Realtor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 30, 2011
Yes, Deed will be recorded as "Married, but ....sole... " forgot the exact wording. Ask your agent.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 30, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer