Home Buying in Indio>Question Details

Joel, Home Buyer in New Mexico

I am researching real estate in the Indio area. I have come across Mello Roos. My question are they readily disclosed in the tax information?

Asked by Joel, New Mexico Wed Mar 14, 2012

I see the tax inforamtion and totals on the riverside county site. Are all those amounts accurate and are all CFDs also the Mello Roos?

Answers

10
Yes, As Realtors, one of the first things we do to protect our buyers is to pull a property profile on the property before you make an offer. This does several things for our buyers: one is to verify that the person selling the home is really the owner. The second thing is to uncover any issues with taxes or title of the property. This property profile show the special assessments including Mello Roos.
If I can be of assistance in your search for a home, just give me a call - Sharon Furia, 760-831-0030; sharonfuria@tarbell.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 19, 2012
Sharon is right - we, as a rule of thumb, ascertain all the tax, assessment, encumbrance and ownership issues ahead for time.

Working for you in La Quinta,

Soila Thompson
Buyers' Agent
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 6, 2012
Yes, make sure you ask your agent and you don't find out later that there are more costs than anticipated.

http://www.FrankandSheryl.com
http://www.Under640FicoScoreLoans.com
http://www.under640ficoscoreloans.com/Pages/ContactSheryl.aspx
Sheryl Arndt, Broker – Loan Officer
DRE# 01440252
NMLS# 297251
760-486-4225
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2012
yes its disclose ! Also when a Realtor shows you a house he mention that the community has Mello Roos
Yes. it is part of the full disclosure process in the State of California.
They don't always disclose this at closing. I'm in the process of finding a lawyer to handle this. The realtor sent me a page discussing mello roos that requires my signature but does not actually have my signature. She claims it was presented to me at closing but in fact was not and they have no record of me signing such an acknowledgment. My payment went from $981 to over $1500 the following year after the mello roos apparently kicked in. Be careful because some realtors may not disclose everything. She should have disclosed this to us because she has been selling homes in the same area for several years and obviously knew about it.
Flag Wed Mar 14, 2012
Sometime they will be listed as Mello Roos on the tax record but sometimes it is just shown as a special assessment or CFDs. The General Levy is the property tax. That will change with the purchase price of the home. The Mello Roos etc will stay pretty much constant. A good realtor will be able to tell you which communities have Mello Roos and how much they are. A general rule of thumb is that communities north of the 10 will have Mello Roos but some south of the 10 do as well..
Hi Joel, yes. You should see your base tax rate ( Generally around 1.3% ) + itemized annual costs including CFD's , etc broken down line-by-line. Be sure to inquire on any HOA costs as well so you are not surprised.
I usually order the tax role from the title company , along with the complete property profile prior to submitting a purchase offer.

Best wishes...

Jory Blake
951.742.3751