Smilingmona, Renter in Woodland Hills, CA

I am relocating to the California from Florida. My husband will be working in Thousand Oaks. I plan work in Burbank or Glendale. What is the best?

Asked by Smilingmona, Woodland Hills, CA Wed Apr 7, 2010

location in between Thousand Oaks and Burbank for young professional couples?

Answers

8
Susie Avedissian’s answer
I would like to have more information from you so that I could guide you better. Questions like would you like to live in a condo/ townhome or a single family home? What is your buget? Do you have children? Ages? How much space do you need? What are your must haves. What are your can't stands. If you just want to know where is a half way point between Thousand Oaks and Glendale, that's easy. It will be Tarzana, Encino and Sherman Oaks. If you need more help, please contact me on 818-577-5467
Susie Avedissian
White House Properties
homez4sale@earthlink.net
There are alot of great areas betwenn Burbank and TO. CA is a great place but real estate prices are high relative to other states. Budget is going to be a primary factor.Figure our your size requirements and budget and that will guide you.
Hi Smiling Mona,While I work as a realtor in the Thousand Oaks area, on this question I have to agree with Dennis Cogbill and would suggest Sherman Oaks. There is so much going on there but it also has a great variety of homes as well as nice condos and townhomes for rent or sale. If you are young professionals still interested some sort of night life, sherman oaks is close to so much of what is happening. You are freeway close (via the 405) to Santa Monica and the Westside, or the 101 to Hollywood. I lived in Sherman Oaks for a few years and loved shopping on the boulevard. There are tons and tons of restaurants too.
As Dennis said, Woodland Hills is a good choice if you want to be further west. I would especially recommend West Hills as being a neighborhood of nicer (but older) homes.
If you have a family with school age children, then you might want to consider Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village, Agoura Hills, or Oak Park, where I live. Our schools are highly acclaimed vs the L.A. schools which are having a pretty rough time of it! But depending on your lifesstyle, the area can be a little sleepy. You don't have the socio economic diversity and while we have FABULOUS shopping at the OAKS mall in Thousand Oaks and great stores in Westlake Village, we don't have a main street where people go out walking, shopping and eating on Saturdays! We are the suburbs! On the plus side, we have lots of open spaces, hiking trails, tennis, golf and are just a short hop (20 mins to 1/2 hoiur) to PCH and the beach. I would love to take you on a tour of both areas when you get toCalifornia. That's the best way to start. GOOD LUCK! Sim
Web Reference: http://simandmark.com
Smiling Mona,

I would say a good "halfway" area would be Sherman Oaks close to Ventura Blvd. There are great shops and restaurants around. It isn't right in the middle, but driving time should be fairly equal for the both of you. If you want to be further west, I would recommend Woodland Hills.

Cheers,
Dennis
DRE # 01461155
Thousand Oaks is the best because of the quality of life and if you plan to have a family.
What part of Florida are you from? I was born in Miami. Thousand Oaks and Burbank/Glendale are a good distance from each other. You and your husband will need to decide what distance each of you would be willing to travel to your work place. The cities are in different directions. In terms of traffic, the commute towards Thousand Oaks may not be as bad as the commute to Burbank/Glendale. For that reason, you may want to end up somewhere on the way to Burbank/Glendale. Feel free to contact me to discuss further. Are you currently renting here?

Sara Mehrpouyan
818-903-2040
Dear Smilingmona:

Congratulations on your upcoming move to California. Regarding what is a better location to work between Burbank and Glendale, it generally depends on your profession and where the opportunities exist. However, in general for a young urban professional, I will recommend Burbank. Burbank is centrally located and will afford you access to the universal studios and many other studios and all forms of entertainment, restaurants and other places that interest similar other young urban professionals. Burbank is also a wonderful place to live. Feel free to call me at 818-825-6996 to discuss in detail. You may also visit my website to learn more about the different neighborhoods: Burbank, Glendale and Thousand Oaks. Visit http://www.BogunRealtyAndLuxuryHomes.com