Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

Ashley, Home Buyer in 20748

I am relocating to the Atlanta area and will be in the area the 1st week of August 2011. I need to find a realtor to show me around.

Asked by Ashley, 20748 Sat Jul 16, 2011

I need to find someone who is knowledgeable and who has helped families relocate before. I am looking to spend $175k and am interested in the general areas of Dallas, Powder & Lithia Springs, Kennesaw & Villa Rica. Any suggestions?

Answers

16
I saw this question last week and was like here come the use me, call me, email me replies. In my downtime this evening I saw this question again and thought I would read some answers. What I am curious about is what happened to Robert between July 16th and the 20th to justify the different responses.

Ashley, I'm guessing by now you are (hopefully) working with a qualified agent to assist you in your goals by now. Please keep in mind that these agents are working for you to help you achieve what you tell them. If you are just starting to look in August than I hope you do not need to move in to the home until the end of September or October. Typically you will need 30-60 days from contract to close if you are financing. As others have mentioned before time really is of the essence and it would be good to get your pre-qual together and a list of homes you think might work for you. Your agent should be able to assist you in finding you the home you need to meet your lifestyle. Best of luck and welcome (potentially) to Atlanta!
Web Reference: http://hesshomefinder.com
Ashley,

This is not rocket science - the problem is you have not supplied enough information. I suggest you actually contact a few agents and brokers give them more information and interview them rather than post to Trulia. Once you do that you should know who offers the best experience, services , and qualifications to advise you on the area to fucus on and get the job done for you.

If schools are important to you it is easy- Kennesaw beats all the other areas hands down, with Powder Springs coming in second - and the same goes for value retention of your investment, but I am having to guess that these things matter to you...review a few agent sites and see if anyone stands out and then reach out to a few.

Robert Whitfield
Broker/Owner
Advantage Realtors
678-585-9691
877-787-7167
I have lived here for 4 years. I don't live in the areas you are inquiring about. But read the posts. I agree with everyone. You are investing a lot of money in a home. That you may very well not like the area etc after purchase. I would come and maybe narrow down the area your looking at and maybe find something. To rent with a short lease. Atlanta areas are veryyyyy different each one has a different uniqueness to it. And schools definately check the schools out if that is an issue for you. Good luck
This looks like it's going to be a lot of touring.
Find a good Realtor in the Powder Springs.
That seems a little more central to what you need.
Ashley - as suggested, meet with a few Trulia Voices. Get tours. Find experts. Select one.

The $175,000 price range enables a similar spend in all of those exurban cities and towns - there are many similarities between them, and in my opinion, few differences in amenities, community living and general lifestyle out that way - what kind a property do you want for $175,000?
Ashley,

You really need to narrow your search, maybe the best way to do that is to find a place to rent for a few months? I have listings in Douglasville, Smyrna, Lithia Springs, Atlanta, etc... and let me assure you, they are all very different areas offering different benefits to residents. Find a good place to rent that's convenient for you and then start to visit all of these areas... find a cafe or a coffee shop or a shopping area in all of these locales and experience... soak up the atmosphere.

Metro Atlanta is so diverse and has so much to offer.

I've been living here for nearly 20 years and have lived and worked on all sides of the city. Your choice of a neighborhood to live in should not be done quickly and without doing a little research. Decide what is important to you.... schools, nightlife, accessibility to highways, accessiblity to the airport, accessiblity to grocery stores, restaurants, entertainment... you know what's important to you but you just don't know what areas will deliver it the best.

Feel free to call text or e-mail me any time to talk further on this topic. I love helping folks who are new to the city experience why ATL is in a word... fabulous.

--
Tony Teixeira
770-851-5050 (CELL)
404-478-8512 (E-FAX)
tony@muffleyhomes.com
tonysellsatlanta@gmail.com

Muffley & Associates
2010 Top 5 Selling Groups in Atlanta
Top 5% ABR 2004-2010
ABR, CRS, RCC, CBR, E-Pro, REO Certified
CDPE (Certifed Distressed/Foreclsoure Property Expert)
Certified Luxury Marketing Specialist, Who's Who in Luxury Real Estate
http://www.muffleyhomes.com
Web Reference: http://www.muffleyhomes.com
I have helped many families with there moves to Atlanta and would be happy to help you.First let me tell you i am not your typical realtor I will tell you more often than not that you shoudld NOT buy a home I want the home buying experience to be a special thing for you I believe you should walk into a house and know this is the right one! I would be happy to talk with you and discuss what areas you might be interested in.

Im a believer anyone can show you a home but the level of service i provide is what sets me apart from the rest. My 15 years in the Hospitality Resort Condominium industry with Developement and Management. Make me the Ideal agent if you are seeking a Condominium or home located in a PUD.

Give me a call ill provide you with references if you should need them or let me start the ball rolling and set up a custom search based on YOUR needs and location!

Look forward to your call!

RJ
My name is Hakiim Herring.. I have over 10 yrs in business. Assisting families with relocating is a specialty of mine. I am very familiar with the Cobb and Paulding county locations. At the $175k price point. I am sure I can find the perfect home for you.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions 678-887-2565
Thank
Hakiim

Please visit: http://www.MrRealEstate007.com
Ashley,

You are going to be inundated with offers from agents on this site who will offer to work with you. Best answer would be to interview a few agents and determine which agent best fits you and your needs. Ask the right questions. If you want a list of the right questions to ask, please drop me an email and I'd be happy to share with you. Also, you might have better luck finding a more professional realtor if you determine what your specific goals are and make those known clearly. Most good agents don't have time to "show you around." Most anyone can do that. If you want someone who can help you find a home to purchase or rent within a time frame that meets your needs, then that would be something with which a realtor would be more than glad to help you. There are thousands of homes available to purchase in those 5 cities mentioned. That's too many to look at and consider. It might be helpful to meet with a realtor for a pre-showing consultation to get to know what your specific needs are and understanding the buying process from start to finish. Good luck in your move and If i can help you in any way, don't hesitate to contact me.
Ashley,

Are you relocating with a company? If so, I can typically offer a corporate relocation discount between .25% and .75% mortgage loan pricing.

If you would like to see what’s available for relocation, give me a call!

Good luck on the move!

Jonathan Cundiff
Mortgage Consultant
NMLSR ID 448285
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
464 Cherokee Ave Se
Atlanta, GA 30312
Tel (404) 610-1011
Fax (877) 302-9968
Jonathan.R.Cundiff@wellsfargo.com
Hi Ashley,

I have helped many families and corporate relocation fmailies move to Atlanta and would be happy to help you. I am an experienced Broker/Owner and an ICC Certified New Home Construction and Building Inspection Expert and provide a range of services to help you avoid the wrong homes and save a lot of money in the process. I would be happy to talk with you and discuss your needs and the pluses and minuses of the areas you listed.

My unique (and free) multifaceted property analysis is very comprehensive and requires way more work than any other agent/realtor performs, but it helps me target the very best homes for each client very quickly. I routinely do that in as little as 7-21 days. This analysis identifies all the unacceptable and defective homes that would waste your time and be a poor investment - I advise you to avoid any such home, and I will tell you why.

Feel free to call me or go to one of my web sites and fill in your contact info, time frame to be in a home, and your needs and preferences for the ideal area and home you would like to be able to find.

Robert Whitfield
Broker/Owner - Realtor
Professional Buyers Broker
Relocation Expert
New Home Construction Expert
ICC Code Certified Building Inspection Expert
Advantage Realtors
678-585-9691
877-787-7167
“Luxury Homes, Investments, Property Management & Rehab… Incomparable Client Representation & Due-Diligence”
Let me know how I can serve you. I work with transferees on an average one per week and would be happy to assit you. Check me out on my web site.

Mark Lackey
Atlanta Housing Source at
Solid Source Realty, Inc.
Associate Broker
EcoBroker
Mark@AtlantaHousingSource.com
404-886-8789

Services
Home Buyers & Sellers - http://www.AtlantaHousingSource.com
Property Management – http://www.RentalHomeAtlanta.com
Hi Ashley - If you need to move quickly you might want to get a full approval from a lender. That way you will be able to close quickly with little stress. If you have a full approval you can close in as little as 7 days with our company. Good luck and call us if you would like help on the lendng front.
Hi Ashley, I can definitely help you find a great home!
Priscilla Hammond
Maximum One
5041 Dallas Hwy
Powder Springs, GA 30127
(678)757-5885
Are you going to rent before you buy, Ashley? If you're going to be here in two weeks, time is of the essence either way. There are over ninety homes listed on FMLS today that likely meet your criteria. Should you care for me to send you electronic flyers of those or any other properties in the area, please forward me your email address and I will get them over ASAP. If you'd like to see some listings as soon as you get here, please call and I will arrange the viewings. Good Luck!

Michael Hammond
SellsRealty@gmail.com
404-538-5499

http://www.georgiamls.com/agentsite/index.cfm?SiteID=HAMMONDJOHNM

http://www.chapmanhallprofessionals.com