Home Buying in Tustin>Question Details

Bligh, Home Buyer in Tustin, CA

I am relocating to Orange County from overseas as my children are attending school here. Are there any restrictions on non-residents.?

Asked by Bligh, Tustin, CA Sun Jun 3, 2012

Answers

4
How is the relocation coming along? I noticed no one really answered your question...
If you need a great Realtor to help you find a home that fits your needs, please contact me. I do know several lenders who can assist with your loan. Best Regards Ann Urias
Bligh:
As Joseph said, there are lenders who can finance you without a US credit report. It costs slightly more, but rates are so low, anyway, that it hardly makes a difference.
When you work with Hunter-Broker, you receive THOUSANDS in Buyer Cash-Back through escrow. This "found money" can be used to pay down your loan to make it more like what's available for residents.
Hi Bligh,

It all depends on if you are planning to finance your purchase or not. In terms of the purchase, you will have to fill out some IRS documents since you are a non-resident but there are no real restrictions for the purchase.

If you plan on financing the purchase, there are some restrictions but there are lenders that specialize in non-resident transactions.
Thanks for the feedback. As we will probably be living here for at least a few years, I think it makes sense to purchase a house instead of rent. Especially when the market is at a low point. Any idea what percentage deposit is required for these type of loans? And if proof of income is required?
Flag Sun Jun 3, 2012