If you filed a chapter 13 this may be doable. The only issue would be the lack of re-established credit. Since the mortgage was "pulled through" the bk it may help with the re-established credit guide line.
Feel free to contact me through my profile.
1) What chapter did you file? I think 13
2) When was it discharged? In two years (divorced me as soon as i signed the papers)
3) Was a mortgage included? No, he kept the house it is still on my credit 1300 + a month
4) Have you re-established your credit? Have not bought anything, Use cash
5) The type of loan you want/need. - Conventional mortgages require more time from discharge than an FHA I dont know i just want to feel secured in owning a home. I rent now in, moved to a new city with a new job. was in a 26 yr marriage.
I always recommend that sellers going through divorce discuss their preferred exit plans BEFORE they execute...a BK is probably going to prevent you from being able to buy anything for five years.
Talk with a lender and map out a plan so you can be in the position to buy as soon as possible.
It all depends on a few things.
1) What chapter did you file?
2) When was it discharged?
3) Was a mortgage included?
4) Have you re-established your credit?
5) The type of loan you want/need. - Conventional mortgages require more time from discharge than an FHA mortgage.