Home Buying in Queens>Question Details

J, Home Buyer in Flushing, NY

I am really interested to purchase a home in Briarwood/Jamaica Hill area - however, someone mentioned

Asked by J, Flushing, NY Wed Apr 22, 2009

Hillcrest as a good area to live in too. Does anyone know about this neighborhood? I have two small young children.

Answers

5
Why not take some time and visit the neighborhood, drive around, dine at a local eatery, look at the shopping etc. You are the best judge as to what suits your lifestyle and the neighborhood decision is entirely yours. If you need assistance feel free to call or e-mail.

Anna
917-576-5376
abrocco@laffey.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 5, 2009
Try city-data.com. They have great info on areas and a forum where you can ask questions to everyday people. It has been extremely helpful in my search for a home. Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 5, 2009
Hi J- these are all adjoining neighborhoods. Are you looking for anything specific? like subway, buses, school district? price range? Terry k 718-614-3167 cell
If you're thinking about purchasing a home in a particular area, there are several websites and places to get information about crime rates, school reports, etc. As realtors, we are not allowed to discuss neighborhoods but can provide you with the places to get that information. Purchasing a home can be a harrowing experience - especially if you're a first time buyer. However, right now with the low interest rates and other incentives as well as the depressed prices, it's a great time to buy. I am a certified buyer representative and would be pleased to assist you. Please feel free to contact me.

Ralph Windschuh
Certified Buyer Representative
Associate Broker
Century 21 Princeton Properties
631-467-0009
rwindschuh@c21princetonproperties.com
Hi J, no realtor will ever tell you where you should buy. You will have to do your own research. But I do have a house for sale in Briarwood , if you are interested. Please call me at 646 594 6447 or visit my website at realtor1.listingbook.com