Question, Home Buyer in 06067

I am reading a condo document. it says" Each unit is restricted to residnetial use as a single family residence. single family residence defined

Asked by Question, 06067 Sat Apr 17, 2010

as a single housekeeping unit, operation on a non-profit, non-commercial basis between its occupants..." does it mean I can't have a roommate? thanks

Answers

5
Maybe. Does it say anything about preventing you from renting less than the entire apartment at a time?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 17, 2010
You may have a roommate.

You may not rent out rooms like a boarding house or hotel.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 17, 2010
No it means you can’t operate a business from you residence.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 17, 2010
All condo complexes have established rules and regulations which all owners receive prior to their closing. Your question should be answered within those pages. Just ask the owner. If the owner isn't sure, the owner can ask the management company.
You would have to ask the management company that manages your condo complex that question, they would be the ones that could tell you whether that was possible or not. I also live in a condo complex and for us, it is not possible. You might be able to get away with that, if you didn't tell management or the condo association people and just rented out part of the space you live in.