Home Buying in Ruskin>Question Details

Nelida Mejia, Home Buyer in West Palm Beach, FL

I am purchasing a townhouse in Palm beach county and am not familiar with Florida real estate law as I have relocated from N.Y. I would like to use

Asked by Nelida Mejia, West Palm Beach, FL Mon Oct 15, 2012

a lawyer for this transaction. I have heard that lawyers aren't ordinarily used in Florida. One more question are down payments usually wired to the sellers title co. before closing?

Help the community by answering this question:


Vince Panico’s answer
Lawyers are used quite often to represent sellers and buyers of real estate in Florida. When an attorney is not being used, usually a title company is. A title company usually has at least one attorney on staff. Typically your deposit (this could be equal to your down payment, but doesn't need to be) is held by your own attorney or title company. In the case of bank-owned foreclosures, though, they usually want their title company to hold those funds.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 16, 2012
I'm from the Uk, and a cash buyer, are there any problems with me buying for cash? And do I pay tax on renting it out in the high season? As I would only use it in the low season? Many thanks
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 8, 2013
Hi, Nelida,
Youir Realtor can recommend a seve of attorneys experienced in Florida real estate to advise you in your purchase. Julie Rosenthal, Broker / Property Brokers International mobile (561)827-6789 julier6789@gmail.com Helping people buy sell & rent Florida real estate 30 years.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 15, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer