Alex, Home Buyer in Braintree, MA

I am planning to relocate back to Boston and considering Braintree

Asked by Alex, Braintree, MA Mon Apr 21, 2008

How's the market doing in 2008? Considering 2-3bedroom condo/Townhouse.

Answers

3
In the last 3 months 14 condos have sold in braintree, The average days on market for those properties is 190 and the sale price to original price ratio is 90% which means the average discount off listing price is 10%. When trying to calculate how a market is fairing look at absorbtion rates to see how many months of inventory is on the market, essentially supply and demand . I did the calculations for you and right now there are 10 months of condo inventory on the market, which is a lot. Looks like a buyers market to me.

Alex,
How you doing? Thinking of buying in Braintree is a great idea. I am not only a realtor here in Braintree but also a long time resident. Good school, easy access to Boston, many public transportation options and shopping galore. The Condo/Town house 2 bedroom market in Braintree ranges from the mid $150's into the $500,000 range. Several great complex to choose from. Low taxes, low interest rates and affordable condo fees makes this a good time to buy. Please let me know if i could be of help to you.
Hi there.... it is a great time to buy. The market has favored buyers with normalizing of inventory and pricing... Especially if you are renting...now is the time. The benefit of the mortgage interest tax deduction makes it a simple choice. There are many Town Houses that are at reasonable prices. The inventory is plentiful which will allow you to choose the best match for your housing needs.
The interest rates are still historically low, bit lender are much more cautious so the best bet is to call a reputable lender and talk about the cost of borrowing money... then get yourself a good Certified Buyers Agent that is also a Realtor Member in addition to having a real estate license.
Braintree has always remained a very desirable area especially now with the enhancements to Thayer academy, the low tax rates due to the south shore plaza and the redline commuter rail, etc...
Please let me know how I can be of service...