jrenee4170, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

I am planning to move to the Philadelphia area from Pittsburgh

Asked by jrenee4170, Philadelphia, PA Tue Apr 15, 2014

We plan to move in the fall of 2015. I am a teacher, and my husband is self employed so this would be good timing. We are empty nesters looking to downsize from a very large home. However, we are considering getting something that has the potential to have a rental unit. Is this common in Mt. Airy? What price range would that put is in?

Answers

3
Mount Airy is a wonderful, dynamic, diverse, safe neighborhood with walkability to restaurants, shopping and public transportation (train, buses). That is why I bought a house for my daughter but she needs to live closer to New Jersey, So, I completely renovated the home and it is now for sale: 235 E. Sydney Street, Phila., PA 19119.

3 bedroom/1.5 bath house is completely renovated with everything new: new wiring (including hard-wired smoke and carbon-monoxide detectors; new kitchen with Whirlpool stainless appliances, granite countertops and an island that seats 4. New oak hardwood floor on first floor and upstairs hallway.

The three bedrooms have two closets each, ceiling lights with fans and new plush carpet. New bathroom on second floor; new powder room on first floor.

New HVAC (central air). Charming, fenced in small back yard for bar-b-ques or having coffee.

This house has no possibility for a rental unit. Basement is unfinished with lots of storage and dedicated laundry area with hookups and cabinets.

Price is $199,500 as it is totally new on the inside.

I would be happy to tell you more about the home. Please contact me at 215-264-5589 or email premcon1@gmail.com.

Ellen Ufberg
Hi jrenee4170,

That's an exciting move! Where are you located in Pgh? I have a ton of family out there and get to visit quite a bit. I think it's great that you are starting your research about the move so early in the process. There are a lot of opportunities for multi-units in Philadelphia and in the Mount Airy neighborhood. The price range question is tricky without more info because, as you can imagine, there is quite a lot of variability in what is out there. If you are interested, I can set up an automated search for multi-family properties and you can keep an eye out for ones that might meet your needs. This will also allow you to get a better understanding for what you can get at certain price points. Shoot me an email when you are ready to start looking and I can guide you with additional information.

Meghan

Meghan (McIntyre) Klauder REALTORĀ®
Drexel University 2002 - BS, MS
Temple University 2009 - MBA
**Preferred REALTOR - Drexel University Homeowner Program**

C. 267-975-5470
O. 267-238-5767
F. 267-386-2185
http://www.realestatewithheart.com

Real Estate With Heart Team - Skye Michiels & Associates
Keller Williams I Center City Office
1619 Walnut Street, 5th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Hi Jrenee4170,

Hope you are doing well!

My name is Owen Dublin and I'm a Realtor with Keller Williams Realty. I'd be happy to help! You may contact me anytime at 267-777-8650 and at owendublin@kw.com to discuss the next steps in finding you the right home in Mt. Airy. Thank you.

Owen Dublin, MBA
Keller Williams Realty Center City
1619 Walnut Street 5th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Office: 215-627-3500
Email: owendublin@kw.com