Home Buying in Sanford>Question Details

Lee, Home Buyer in Nashville, TN

I am planning to move to the Orlando/Sanford/Deltona area... As a single mom, safety is a concern. Are there any areas I should avoid? Thanks~

Asked by Lee, Nashville, TN Sat Oct 8, 2011

Answers

5
I lived in downtown Sanford & felt perfectly safe. Call your local Police Dept.to get specifics on crime rates. Also, a lot of the sub divisions in Sanford have less of a crime rate than downtown. It's a beautiful area & i'm planning to relocate there again soon.
Don't necessarily agree. Parts of Deltona, Sanford are great areas. Heathrow in Sanford is beautiful and Deltona has some great values because it is a bit outside from Orlando proper distance wise. It's probably best to pick the price range you are looking for. Then pick 3 or 4 of the best homes to visit in a few areas.
Ken
Most of Deltona is dangerous. Parts of Sanford are too. Look carefully at stats you can find online. Nobody I know wants to live in Deltona. That's why home are cheaper there. Some of the gated communities are good.
I used to live in Lake Mary.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 8, 2011
I would suggest looking on citydata.com andsee what others say about the areas. I am, Aone on there. The board has local people answering the questions you are asking in ways agents can't be as direct about.
We have many great areas around that you will feel safe in. Places Like Lake Mary, Winter Park, East orlando, Windermere, to name a few, the list is long.

Hope this helps.
Ken Anderson
ApexOne Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 8, 2011
If unfamiliar with area, do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with local neighbors; also do contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods...
http://www.spotcrime.com/
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 8, 2011