Home Buying in Naperville>Question Details

HomeBuyer, Home Buyer in Elgin, IL

I am planning to buy a Single family house in Naperville area. Have 2 boys aged 4 and 8. Want to buy in top 3 family friendly locality/neighbourhoods.

Asked by HomeBuyer, Elgin, IL Thu Aug 23, 2012

Around 300K-350k
Annual Property Tax - Upto 6k
2 Car Garage
Preference
Outer wall - Brick Finish
Upgraded Kithcen
Good Fresh Wall Colors
Lot of Light
Newer Property - After 1995
Strong Foundation of house
Avoid Flood zones or Natural Calamity zones
Potential to appreciate

Please advise.

Answers

15
Ken Tracy’s answer
You picked the right city. Lots of great neighborhoods. I would do some searching online on sites like Trulia and Zillow. They are very informative and searching can be fun. As you get closer, I would contact a Realtor and go out and see some homes...
Ken
Hello Pranay,

I will be very honest with you. In a newer house it will be very difficult, if not impossible, to find a home with taxes under $6,000. The good thing is that property taxes are tax deductible along with mortgage interest.

Newer homes with brick fronts are available in High Meadow, Heatherstone, Wildflower and Mission Oaks. All of these subdivisions will be family friendly. Actually. just about every subdivision is family friendly. And did you hear, that Money magazine just picked Naperville, Bolingbrook and Wheaton among the 100 best places to live in the U.S.? In a couple of the Bolingbrook subdivisions the kids go to District 204 schools along with the Naperville kids. My granddaughter lives there. The taxes are probably the same as Naperville, but you may get more house for your money.

Please email me at MarianneHofmann@att.net or call 630-664-9472 and I can send you the latest listings that meet (almost) all of your requirements.

I would be honored to help you find a home you love!

Marianne Hofmann
Charles Rutenberg Realty of IL
630-664-9472
MarianneHofmann@att.net
HI, If you would like help in buying a home in Naperville, I would be happy to assist you. You can reach me at 815-600-0415 Dipali Patel Charles Rutenberg Realty
Our home is perfect for you. Close to listing at 330k Taxes are only about 4500. Walk to the best schools in Naperville. Dog park, running trails etc. Over 30 kids on the block in that age group too.

100% Remodeled inside and out.
dean@soraaps.com
send me the link
Flag Mon Nov 12, 2012
Thank you for using Trulia.com to get some help...

I would love to help you out; there are many options that match your criteria including regular and short sale, foreclosures, bank and relocation owned.

I have llive in Naperville almost 30 years and it is a beautiful, friendly place where to raise your family.

There are many homes meet your criteria and it is always talk to an agent who can help you look for and show you the places.

Please feel free to contact me and we can talk further what we can help you find your dream home where you can enjoy with your family and friends. My contact phone number is 630-718-2092.

I would love to show you around the town as well.

-Yalan Pai
630-718-2092
yalan.pai@bairdwarner.com
Hi Pranay,

I live in Naperville and have wonderful communities in mind matching your criterion.

Its always better to talk and discuss in detail and then we can go out looking at the properties.

Please call me if you would like to proceed.

Warm wishes,

Sunita Tandon
Baird & Warner, Naperville
630-742-5090
sunita.tandon@bairdwarner.com
Hi HomeBuyer,

I don't know what I can say here to stand out from anyone else that answered below or above. If you want to spend 3 minutes on the phone I can give you my two cents and you can decide if you think we are a good fit. I live in Naperville...in real estate for 14 years.....born and raised in the Lisle/Naperville area...Top Producer. It is just me and my experience. I don't have a buyer's agent or an assistant so when you need something you get me and only me. Call me and in 3 minutes we will know if moving forward is a sound choice: 630-446-0289.

Mike Long
Realty Executives
mikelong@realtyexecutives.com
630-446-0289
Dear Home Buyer,

Give me calls so we can meet, go over your criteria, some of your options as well as the buying process. This way you are educated and ready to preview homes in person. By the way I work for you all the way until we close on your new home. My fees/commissions are paid by the sellers so no cost to you. So go ahead and contact me on my direct line number 630-329-500 or via email at inaas@hotmail.com

Inaas Arabi
Option Realty Group
630-329-5000
inaas@hotmail.com
Pranay,

You have a few options. The most limiting factor you've mentioned (besides taxes) is that the home be built after 1995. If that's the case, then you're looking, primarily, on the south side of town. From there, your price point gives you a few choices of subdivisions.

If you'd like, I can email you some current listings which fit your stated criteria. That's easy. If you would like to explore some alternatives, I would be happy to discuss the pros and cons of those. I was born and raised here, so I am quite familiar with both older and newer neighborhoods. My experience and local knowledge can help provide you with the best information possible to utilitize in making this very important decision.

When you have a few moments, let's talk. My contact info is below.

Ken Gerrans
john greene, Realtor
630-946-4688
kengerrans@johngreenerealtor.com
I agree.. interview and meet with an agent. It makes a big difference when you and the agent "get along" and a relationship is built where you feel they really have your interests in mind.
Another area you might consider is Green Trails in Lisle. District 203 schools, loads of parks and amenities and closer to downtown Naperville than most areas of Naperville. It will be at a lower price point as well.
Please give me a call and I would be happy to help with your home search. Michelle Tangorra, 630-397-9771, Baird & Warner Agent
You picked the right city! Naperville is an awesome, family friendly city...
I am biased to the north side of Naperville and personally live in a subdivision Brookdale. Prices in Brookdale average right in your price range, an I am sure you would love...
Again, I don't think you can go wrong with Naperviile. If you need any help, let me know!
Thanks!
Ken
p.s. Check out the link below for The Brookdale, Naperville subdivision on Facebook!
PLease find an agent to work with as this answer is long and their are many great agents who will find you the perfect home. As a dedicated full time full service agent I would love to help you.

I would suggest interviewing and looking online for references and choose a buyers agent that will work with you and discuss all your options.

Tamara Schuster
http://www.BrokerOfNaperville.com
email: Tamara@BrokerOfNaperville.com

I'd be happy to help you with that search. There are many neighborhoods that fit your criteria - High Meadow, Harmony Grove, just to name a few.

If you'd like to discuss this further, just give me a call 630-674-9209.

Michele Nixon
facebook.com/chelenixon