Home Buying in Richmond>Question Details

Mom, Home Buyer in Montgomery, TX

I am planning on retiring in 2 years, and moving from Los angeles, Ca. to Fort Bend County. What area would you recommend for a single woman.?

Asked by Mom, Montgomery, TX Tue Apr 16, 2013

Cultural diversity is important. (price range is $125, 000-$175, 000)

Answers

5
Congratulations on your future move to Fort Bend County! Fort Bend County includes the cities of Sugar Land, Missouri City, Richmond, Rosenberg, Fulshear, and parts of Katy.

Many of the master planned communities in the Fort Bend area feature beautiful lakes, miles of hiking and biking trails, community parks, recreation centers with swimming pools and tennis courts, fishing piers, and some neighborhoods are on the golf course. Fort Bend County is conveniently located near major thoroughfares such as U.S 59, Highway 6, Highway 90A, Grand Parkway, and I-10.. so getting to Houston is a breeze! Plus, there are many community events held here, including those that embrace cultural diversity such as Sugar Land's Annual Kite Festival, Indian Festival of Lights, and Dragon Boat Reggata.

If you live in Fort Bend County - you don't have to travel very far for shopping, dining, and errands. We have a small town atmosphere with big city amenities - that is the best way for me to describe the area.

To get a "feel" for the communities in Fort Bend County - please visit my website at http://www.richmondtxhomesales.com/affiliates.asp

Simply click on the neighborhood link to see a complete description, including price ranges, maps, photos, tax info, school ratings, and a list of homes for sale in that neighborhood.
It really depends on what your interests and plans are after the move. The Sugar Land, Richmond, Rosenburg, west Katy and Fulshear areas all offer beautiful parks and greenbelts for walking/running, bike riding, fishing, golf, and other outdoor activities if you're into that. If I were you, I would make a list of must haves such as neighborhood amenities, shopping choices, recreational and social activities, etc. That will help narrow your choices a bit. Overall, Fort Bend is a great area to live, work, and play!
Feel free to contact me if you need more help!
(281) 910-9166
shawn.east@carringtonres.com
Flag Wed May 22, 2013
Flag Wed May 22, 2013
Flag Wed May 22, 2013
Flag Wed May 22, 2013
Flag Wed May 22, 2013
Flag Wed May 22, 2013
Flag Wed May 22, 2013
Please see my websites and you will find all the FAQ.

Thank you

Kadibhai (Kadi)
Better Homes & Gardens Gary Greene, Realtor Katy/Houston
Phone: 832-228-7978
Fax: 281-646 1841
Email: kadi.kadibhai@garygreene.com
Web: http://www.har.com/kadi
"The highest compliment I am ever given is when
I am referred to your family & friends!"
Save on Electricity/Gas & get it for FREE http://www.EZNFree.energy526.com

http://harlistings.marketlinx.com/SearchDetail/Scripts/PrtBu…
Flag Wed May 22, 2013
That price range means places like Pecan Grove, Greatwood, areas around towns Richmond and Rosenberg, some smaller older homes in the Colony Bend area in Sugar Land, Quail Valley, Teal Run, and several areas off highway 6 north of highway 59. That should be a starting point. A suggestion is to utilize a map search feature of the area and the best one available is through Houston associations of realtors website. You can also access the same feature on our website. On har.com you can also learn about schools, research Realtor's, etc.
Flag Wed May 22, 2013
Wow. Loaded question. Fort Bend County has the reputation of being one of the greatest places to reside in the country. What do you plan on doing when you retire, i.e., golf, travel, charity, or shop? Katy, Sugar Land, Richmond, and Fulshear are great communities-each having distinct differences that attract different residents. Let me know what your plans are and I can make recommendations. My wife and I have lived in Fort Bend County for over 30 years - would not have it any other way.