Michael Gidd…, Home Buyer in Las Vegas, NV

I am planning on moving to Troy, Ohio and purchase a home, my home in Las Vegas, NV will be put on the market. Will this cause a problem?

Asked by Michael Giddinge, Las Vegas, NV Mon Mar 28, 2011

No, not really. Are you saying you have to sell that in order to buy here? Or are you financially able to buy here before it sells?
Whether or not it will cause any issues depends on your financial status. If you are able to buy before selling and can afford to carry two mortgages, it should not cause you any problems. If you must sell your home in order to buy, it can be a bit more trickier as the biggest goal is just getting your current home sold out there.
As far as financing goes, there is many options out there to choose from currently and interest rates are great! Make sure you find a REALTOR in your area that knows your goals and will price and market your home to try and sell it and get you here to Troy.
If your hoping to look sooner than later in Troy and find something you like, you always have the option of writing a contingent contract upon the sale of your property in Las Vegas.
If you do not already have a REALTOR in Las Vegas and are struggling to find one you are happy with, Coldwell Banker Heritage Realtors in Troy can get you working with our Relocation department and help you find a REALTOR in your area and then assist you later on when your ready to start looking in Troy.
If you have any questions, please let me know! I'd be happy to help you however I can!
(937) 339-2500
Web Reference: http://www.realtorkimy.com
There are many options available. Probably best just to call and we can then discuss over the phone. Please go to my website at mary@maryrossrealtor.com and view my listings. My cell number is 937-266-3725. Give me a call and I'll certainly be able to help you with this.
Mary Ross
How are homes selling in your area of Las Vegas? I have heard that it is a brisk market there. Pricing your home will be key in getting a buyer for it, so that you can move on to a purchase here in the Troy area. To purchase without selling, you would need to qualify financially for both mortgages. There is a loan program for parts of south Troy, all of Tipp City, and other surrounding areas which offer ZERO down financing. We would then negotiate with the seller to pay your closing costs, to get you in a home with almost no money out of your pocket!! Please let you know if we can be of further service. You can reach us at 937-477-3162

Good answers so far but here are a few point for you to consider. Like Sandy said if you can buy without selling then there is no problem... If you must sell first then you will need to have a contract showing an accepted offer on your existing house. That way the lender will start the underwriting process on your new loan, but you will have to close on the old one before you can purchase the new one.

You said you will be putting your house on the market out in Vegas. I have several great agents the work in your area that I would be happy to recommend one of them depending on what part of town you are in. Just let me know if that would be helpful.

Finally, for your move here, if you click on the link below you can start doing some searching around and get an idea of what homes are selling for etc... If you need school reports or other information about the area please let me know as well, we offer a pretty extensive relocation package that we will express mail out to you if you would like.

Best of luck to you and hope that helps some.

Mark Ryan
Maybe depending on your financial health. Bridge loans are available if you qualify. A 1 year ARM is only about 4.5%. That is best route to go if you think your home call sell in 1 year or less. The ARM is re-negotiable after 1 year.