Home Buying in Denver>Question Details

wiliaembert, Home Buyer in Denver, CO

I am planning on moving to Denver to be close to grand kids. Are there any retiree neighborhoods in Arvada?

Asked by wiliaembert, Denver, CO Sun Feb 23, 2014

Answers

6
Wiilaembert,

I just Googled Arvada Retirement Communities. There were several listings that came up. Some for rentals and others for purchase. Some were even for more upscale developments if that works for you. I hope that helps.

http://www.about.me.com/RobertMcGuire33
Hi Willaembert:

Two communities that come to mind are:

Nightingale Suites, 12825 W 65th Way, Arvada, CO 80004 -- (303) 424-4411

Springwood Retirement Community, 6550 Yank Way, Arvada, CO 80004
Phone:(303) 424-6550

These two are practically neighbors and may be financially connected.

There also are communities nearby, such as Anthem Ranch in Broomfield, which may be a little more what you are thinking of (see link below for example), and Golden Pond in Golden.

There are a number of options, depending on your needs and preferences. Feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further.

Ron Rovtar
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices
Real Estate of the Rockies
Colorado
That depends on what you consider to be a retiree neighborhood. If you are looking for a community that is exclusively 55+, there are 'Active Adult' options, but they will be someone limited. There are 55+ exclusive rental properties, as well as properties for sale. There are options for single family, duplex, patio, condo and town home communities. Keep in mind that many of the exclusive Active Adult communities are also going to have HOA fees that could be hundreds of dollars per month. Generally, the higher the HOA, the more amenities.

If you are looking to purchase a home in an 'Active Adult' community, keep in mind that your Buyer pool will also be limited to that demographic if or when you or your estate needs to sell that home. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just something to be aware of.

If you are just looking for neighborhoods that have lots of retired folks living there, that's a different kind of search. If you are not locked in on Arvada, there is a community about 45 minutes north of Arvada called Loveland, Colorado that was voted as one the most desirable towns in the US for retired folks - kind of a small town feel, safe, low taxes, reasonable home prices, and fairly stable home values (Loveland real estate values held up pretty well after the 2008 meltdown). I helped a couple sell a home in Aurora and buy a new one in Loveland and they are very happy there.

As you've observed, there's a lot to consider before going down this path. If you'd like to see some of these communities and different kinds of home options, give me a call before you visit next time and I'd be happy to show you some options (without obligation).

Best of luck to you!

Larry Brake
HomeSmart Realty
303-877-5242
When you say "retiree" neighborhoods, what do you mean exactly? Independent living facilities? Or 55+ communities? Or just neighborhoods that have a large population of retirees?

I'm in the process of looking for independent living facilities for my own mother. And I've also helped many retired clients find homes -- both in 55+ communities and just regular "patio" homes -- where there tends to be many empty nesters and retirees. I would be happy to help!

Sally
sallygrenier@msn.com
The north metro area of Denver consistently wins all kinds of awards for being great retirement communities. I'd be happy to help you wade through your options!

Check out our profile on Trulia at :

http://m.trulia.com/profile/wisdomrealestate/

We'd love the opportunity to assist you!

Greg Charlton
Wisdom Real Estate
Buyers Specialist
gcharlton@wisdomrealestate.net
303-349-0249
I sold a couple homes in Arvada last year and would love to help you with your move.

In which part of Arvada do your grandkids currently live? I can pull a list of homes currently on the market that are nearby and send them to you.

Or, if you are looking for a independent living facility, Brookdale is a national chain of retirement communities and they have a location in Arvada. I've included a link below.

John Keene
303-547-7578
Perry & Co.