Home Buying in Dartmouth>Question Details

Sandy, Home Buyer in Dartmouth, MA

I am on retirement social security and dont have to file taxes I am buying my first home, how do I get the $8000.00 credit can I file a tax return

Asked by Sandy, Dartmouth, MA Sun Sep 20, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:



Talk to the IRS and ask your qestion. When the stimulus money for the retired went thru the last two years, people who would qualify but do not file taxes - were able to file just for the stimulus money.

I believe this will be the same for you. You can file a tax return to get the 8K - I believe that you will qualify for the full amount.

Good luck - here is the web site http://www.irs.gov/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 21, 2009
Hi Sandy,
First to remember: it is UP TO $8,000.
Second, if your indome does not create income tax, how could you get a credit?

I suggest you to contact your local IRS office for the best and accurate answer.
It is free.
Check the link.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 20, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer