Home Buying in 94110>Question Details

Nontwach, Home Buyer in

I am non resident from Thailand with a student visa, Will i be able to buy a 2 unit apartment with my two American friends, 3 names on title.

Asked by Nontwach, Tue Dec 13, 2011

my two American friends will get the mortgage loan

Help the community by answering this question:


Oggi Kashi’s answer
Yes, you may as long as your share is paid in cash.

Oggi Kashi
Broker Associate, Paragon Real Estate Group CA DRE 01844627
All data from sources deemed reliable but subject to error and omission, and not warranted.
Web Reference: http://www.oggikashi.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 14, 2011
Since you are not on the loan this should be OK. One this is for sure, if you go on title, you will be required to obtain a tax identification number. You can check on that here:

Good luck.

Happy funding, Rudi
Web Reference: http://www.umboc.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 13, 2011

Are you paying all cash for the property? If so, then you'll probably have an easier time arranging that. However, if you are getting a loan, you may run into some issues.

It would probably be best to speak with a lawyer regarding how to take title and your non-resident status as it relates to real estate.

Good luck!
Web Reference: http://www.vchousehunt.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 13, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer