Home Buying in 20001>Question Details

Jeanrichard, Home Buyer in 20001

I am new to this country, I work for an international organization in Washington, and would like to buy a home.

Asked by Jeanrichard, 20001 Fri May 13, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


Richard- El Bey’s answer
Foreign National Loans

Borrowers using TIN Okay
Borrowers with NO CREDIT SCORE
Borrowers with NO SSN
Foreign Nationals {Expatriate}- NO PASSPORT {Must have valid work visa or 30% Down}
70% LTV Purchases
65% LTV Rate & Term Refinance
50% LTV Cash Out {Possible higher if financials are up to par}
Multiple properties OKAY
Corporation purchasing and refinancing OKAY

Richard- El Bey
Avarice Investments
(706) 399-7813 cell
(678) 752-8062 Office
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 12, 2013
Watch out the guy named Ricard - EI Bey.
He is a fraud. He cannot get you any loan at all. What he does is cheat your money for appraisal which he will never done. Once if he got the money, he will not answer your phone or email anymore. You can search at Georgia License website, he does not have license at all. Just a fraud.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 4, 2015
Jean Richard
Welcome to DC!
you've received a few useful answers to your question. I have worked with employees of the World Bank, IFC, PanAmerican Health Organization, embassies and other NGOs to buy and sell properties in DC, MD & VA. I can guide you through the process and ensure that the property you buy is the one that will represent the best investment and quality for your lifestyle.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 24, 2012
Hi Jeanrichard,

if you are still in the market and need assitance let me know.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 21, 2012

Give me a call at 202-643-4687.
Web Reference: http://www.craigfauver.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 23, 2011
Having been an ex-pat before, one thing that may be challenging is getting a loan. You might have a great job and a great credit history in your country, but if you have no credit here, it will be a problem. You may want to talk with your employer and see if they have any programs that can help to establish credit.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 14, 2011
Bonjour JeanRichard,
Je peux vous aider. Will you be working with IMF?
Dreamscape Realty
Leslie Byrne
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 13, 2011
Hello - the most important item to start the process is to find a bank and lender who helps international clients frequently. I have a source that has worked very well for my international clients.

I can be reached at ken@kenrub.net. Best of luck in your search, and welcome to DC!

Ken Rub
Web Reference: http://www.kenrub.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 13, 2011
Hi Jeanrichard

Have you talked to a mortgage lender? If not, I can recommend some. Do you have a visa or social security number? These are some items a lender will ask about. Do you have any idea where you would like to buy a home? DC? Any neighborhoods in particular that you are interested in? There are many wonderful neighborhoods around the Washington DC area to choose from. Please feel free to contact me to help you find a place to live in.


0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 13, 2011
Hi Jeanrichard,

You are eligible to purchase as long as you have the proper Visa.

Here are the guidelines;

All non-permanent resident aliens whose income and/or assets are being used
to qualify for a loan must provide evidence of one of the following visa
Required Visa Classes
• A series (A-1, A-2, A-3). These visas are given to officials of foreign
governments, immediate family members, and support staff. Only those
without diplomatic immunity, as verified on the visa document, are
• E-1, Treaty Trader. This visa is essentially the same as an H-1 or L-1;
the title refers to the foreign country’s status in the U.S.
• G series (G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, G-5). These visas are given to employees
of international organizations that are located in the United States. Some
examples of these organizations are the United Nations, Red Cross,
World Bank, UNICEF, and the International Monetary Fund.
Verification that the applicant does not have diplomatic immunity must
be obtained from the applicants’ employer and/or by viewing the
applicants’ passport.
• H-1 (includes H-1B and H-1C), Temporary Worker. This is the most
common visa given to foreign citizens who are temporarily working in
the United States.
• L-1, Intra-company Transferee. An L-1 visa is given to professional
employees whose company’s main office is in a foreign country.
• TN, NAFTA. Used by Canadian or Mexican citizens for professional or
business purposes.
• TC, NAFTA. Used by Canadian citizens for professional or business
All standards for determining stable monthly income, adequate credit history,
and sufficient liquid assets must be applied in the same manner to each
borrower, including borrowers who are non-permanent resident aliens.
– Visa
A copy of the visa is required indicating the borrower’s name and the type of
visa and expiration date. Information regarding acceptable visas can be
located within this document:
• Non-permanent Resident Aliens
• Foreign National Borrowers
A two-year history of employment and credit in the United States or in
another country must be documented. There are no product, LTV, or
occupancy restrictions.
Two bank references, with a two-year credit history, may be obtained to
establish credit for borrowers who have less than a two-year residence history
in the United States.
WFHM defines foreign nationals as individuals legally residing or visiting the
United States who possess a valid visa which may present a higher risk to
WFHM than those visa classes acceptable for non-permanent resident aliens.
Foreign nationals who have no lawful residency status in the United States are
not considered to be non-permanent resident aliens. Foreign national
borrowers are eligible for Non-conforming financing only. See Underwriting
– Conventional Underwriting Guidelines – Conventional Non-Conforming
Family Fixed Rate and Adjustable Rate Mortgage Products .
Borrowers –
Eligible Visa
A Foreign National borrower must provide evidence of one of the following
visa classes:
• B-1, Business Visitors. Exploratory business. Eligible for second
homes only.
• B-2, Tourist Visitors. Pleasure or ‘medical’ treatment. Eligible for
second homes only.
• E-2, Treaty Traders or Investors. Created for developing trade
between the U.S. and foreign countries with which the U.S. has a treaty.
Used by treaty trader/investor, spouse and children.
• H-2A, Temporary Worker. Temporary agricultural worker.
• H-2B, Temporary Worker. Temporary worker for services not
available in the U.S.
• H-3, Trainee. Temporary visa for trainee of a foreign corporation with a
division of the corporation located in the U.S.
• I, Representative of Foreign Information Media. Used for foreign
press, radio, TV, film, and other foreign information media.
• J-1, Exchange Visitor. Used by students, scholars, teachers, physicians,
etc. Must leave U.S. for two years after the visa expires.
• J-2, Exchange Visitor. Same as J-1 except that this is for the spouse and
children of the J-1 visa holder.
• O-1, Extraordinary Ability. Used for person with extraordinary ability
in the sciences, education, or business.
• O-2, Extraordinary Ability. Used by essential staff members of O-1
visa holders.
• P-1, Athletes, and Entertainers. Used by internationally recognized
athletes, entertainers, and their essential staff.
• P-2, Entertainers. Used by entertainers coming to the U.S. in a group
for the purpose of presenting culturally unique performances.
• P-3, Artists, and Entertainers. Used by artists and entertainers coming
to the U.S. in a group for the purpose of presenting culturally unique
Web Reference: http://www.jfsettles.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 13, 2011
Hi Jeanrichard!

There are plenty of great neighborhoods in Washington that you can fall in love with! I would love to discuss with you the entire home buying process, so please feel free to contact me. We will discuss your preferences, your financing options, whether you are eligible for any home buyer assistance programs, the different neighborhoods that may interest you, and what your goals are for the next few years. This helps us gain a true understanding of how we can better serve you!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Hillary A. Nash
Nash Holdings, LLC
Exit Elite Realty
301.277.3948 o
202.907.7301 c
866.517.8365 f
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 13, 2011
I can definitely help you with that! I am licensed in DC, MD & VA and know the area intimately. Do you know where you would like to live? Give me a call and let's discuss your options. I'd love to work with you.

Regards, Djana Morris
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 13, 2011
Hello Jeanrichard,

Welcome to America.... I would like to assist you with your new home purchase. Can you please give me a call?


Kirk Chatman
Fairfax Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 13, 2011
Welcome to the States,
If there is something I could help you with please feel free to reach out to me.
Where would you be looking in particular?
I would love to find out how I could be of assistance.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 13, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer