Keemae, Home Buyer in 10550

I am new to homebuying. I am thinking about relocating to GA. What are the most important question to ask and how to find a credible realtor?

Asked by Keemae, 10550 Thu Jul 7, 2011

Answers

6
Barbie Hintz-Realtor’s answer
Good morning Keemae,

I have a Detailed package I can email to you. There are a lot of questions to consider when hiring a Realtor. No pressure, just great information to consider. Have a great day.

Barbie Hintz
Solid Source Realty
Email: barbiehintz@comcast.net
Hi Keemae,

Great question. There are a number of online resources and online training classes to help you answer this question. A couple of them are actually recognized by the local organizations who provide down payment assistance.

Here's a post that was written a while back, but largely still relevant regarding how to choose a buyer's agent. Some of these actually make me squirm a little and I wrote them.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chro…

Other questions come to mind as the market continues to evolve. For instance...

1. How many of the agent's closed transactions over the past year involved Government Sponsored Enterprises or GSE (HUD, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FDIC, VA), bank-owned foreclosures, short sales?

2. Ask the agent to describe a time when their client was entitled to the return of and received their earnest money in a transaction involving a GSE?

3. How much experience does the agent have with the various programs available locally to help with the down payment, closing costs, etc.?

Please call me sometime for information on online home buying classes that are recognized here in Metro Atlanta.

Solomon Greene
REALTOR® / HUD-certified Affordable Housing Counselor - Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Partners
(678) 775-2677
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 8, 2011
The first step that I would recommend is an agent that is located in the same area you will be looking to relocate. The next question would be is to find out if they are a realtor or a real estate agent. A realtor is held to a much higher standard than an agent. Realtor's are also highly regulated in their business dealings. The other comments are great to also consider, but thought you could add these to your list of questions to find out.
Happy House Hunting!!!
Qualifying an agent is really pretty easy - 7 questions will cut through the bull like a hot knife through butter

http://hounddogrealestate.com/about-hound-dog/how-do-you-fin…

this is business, very important business - treat it that way

Hank
Interview at least 3 full time agents. Call each of them to follow up at different times of the working day if it takes over 4 hours to return a call choose a different agent. When you choose your agent sign a 1 day buyer’s agency agreement then you can spend the day with the agent and decide if that is the person you want to work with plus you’re only on the hook for 1 day for the homes they show you. If after 1 day you are comfortable with the agent commit to them for 90 days to help you find a home if not try a new agent. Good Luck, Scott
Web Reference: http://www.randshomes.com
What part of Ga. You can have a Realtor from your area find you a good one where your going. Also Google can help you if a Realtor markets him or herself well, That usually is a sign thet they know what to do in today's market.