Home Buying in Charlotte>Question Details

Fungolfer, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

I am nearly 60 SWF looking for trees, yet neighbors, and want to meet people and play golf where do I look?

Asked by Fungolfer, Charlotte, NC Sun Apr 8, 2012

I need to leave Florida, it is too hot. I want a social life, a cute home with hardly any maintenace, and a play to walk my furry friend.

Answers

11
SouthPark. Ballantyne. Piper Glen.

You want to focus on Area 4, Area 5 and Area 10. Those are South Charlotte. Let me know if I can send you some properties that fit your other requirements. You should check out the photos of my front yard on my facebook profile. Trees, bulbs, flowers and everything blooming for springtime in Charlotte.

Call me or email me! I look forward to helping you.

Nathan Wolf
Realtor® / Broker
nate@natewolf.com
T: 704-858-2345

http://www.natewolf.com
http://www.facebook.com/uptownbroker
http://twitter.com/natelist
http://www.trulia.com/profile/natewolf

Nate Wolf was recently named a FIVE STAR REALTOR by Charlotte Magazine. He is a top producing real estate sales broker, representing both buyers and sellers. He is a member of the National Association of Realtors, The Charlotte Regional Realtors Association and the Carolina Multiple Listing Services. He is licensed in multiple states including North Carolina & South Carolina and serves all areas of Metro Charlotte from Lake Norman to Lake Wylie and Uptown / Center City to SouthPark and Ballantyne.

Nate Wolf is an Affiliated Broker of Ready4Sale Realty & Construction.
Charlotte NC is a great place to live. Many wonderful golf venues both private and public and many people of similar age moving here. Best wishes
Charlotte NC is a great place to live. Many wonderful golf venues both private and public and many people of similar age moving here. Best wishes, Diane
I would suggest Las Vegas! Yes it is hot, but everyone that I have met here that is from Florida, says the humidity in Florida is what made it feel so hot. Low maintenance homes, affordable, and your life can be as social as you want. I like Aliante, there is Sun City Aliante for those more mature citizens, as wall as Los Prados, which is centered around a golf course. Good Luck!
Fungolfer,

You are coming to the right place to play golf! Look at these subdivisions on-line: Highland Creek, Olde Sycamore, Providence Plantation Country Club, Piper Glen, Birkdale, Northstone, Ballantyne Country Club, Sun City at Carolina Lakes, The Peninsula, The Point, Tega Cay, Raintree, Overlook, Skybrook, Verdict Ridge. There are many others in the area but these subdivisions come to my mind quickly.

Your budget determines the neighborhood. Playing golf is a great way to meet people. There is a local "Golf Magazine" which details golf information in Charlotte metro. Sun City at Carolina Lakes is an age restricted neighborhood in Indian Land, SC with less trees but many amenities for seniors. Most of the other golfing subdivisions are established. Some of the clubs have reciprocal golfing arrangements.

Unfortunately, I am dangerous on the golf course, so I play tennis instead. My family, friends, and clients play golf, and appreciate the fact that I do not. Email me if I may be of assistance.

Robin Faison, broker
Depending on what you like to do besides golf... might influence your decision. But ... I like Birkdale. The golf course is very friendly, lots of groupsoms to hook up with, and you can get a home right in the community. They also have terrific shops and restaurants and a movie theatre.
You might also like Cedarwood or Raintree on Highway 51. There are lots of affordable condos and homes on Raintree and they are running a membership special. It is hard to live right on Cedarwood as there are not many homes... it started out as a public course but turned private. But it is a nice flat course good for walking. Raintree has 36 holes... lots of opportunities to meet up with groups. It is all what you like.
If you would like to get together and see some of the different options... let me know. I used to play to a 7 handicap but haven't played in years. Maybe you could get me out there again! I promise I won't sandbag you.
Fungolfer,

There are some possibilities out there for you depending on what you are looking for in a home. How many bedrooms, bathrooms and price range will all factor into the areas and homes that are best suited for your needs.

sun city just over the line in South carolina is a very popular destintion among people over 55 that are empty nesters and still want the social activities without all the maintenance that goes with a house. but there are other options in the Charlotte area as well depending on what it is exactly you are looking for.

Charlotte has a wide variety of golf courses and communities that cater to golfers....I would be happy to help you out in your search for a home. I play golf (though not as much right now as i would like to) but grew up on a golf course and worked there throughout high school and college. Part fo the reason i moved to Charlotte was the vast array of golf communities avaialble out there for me to choose from.

You can either call me at 704-519-7895 or e-mail me and I will be happy to send you some homes that fit your criteria.

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
http://www.davedicecco.com
Hello there! I love to play golf too, although I don't have as much time for it as I would like. One place that came to mind is Sun City Carolina Lakes, which is just over the Charlotte, NC border with SC. It's an active adult community with every activity you can imagine, including golf. Homes are smaller scale for easy maintenance, but upscale in their upgrades. There are other golf communities in Charlotte, but I need a bit more information such as size of home (SF, number of bedrooms and baths) price range, etc. I would love to help - just call me when you're ready to start your journey. Charlotte's a great place to live!

Melissa Brown
Helen Adams Realty
704-654-9700
Melissa@MelissaBrownHomes.com
I am a female golfer too. Feel free to email me and I can give you some suggestions.

Trista Holwager
Tree Realty
tree@carolina.rr.com
How about we schedule an appointment and come into the office so we can talk further in private. Please call my secretary and she will ,ale all of the necessary arrangements.

704-394-6609

Thank you

Wilkinson & Associates,
8604 Cliff Cameron Drive, Suite 110
Charlotte, NC, 28269
Hi fun golfer!

Email me directly a bit more about your needs including size of home, budget, etc.
I work with buyers at no extra cost in a transaction and would love to help with your move!
Will you be working around the area, or lucky enough to be retired? Would you prefer to be near a lake? If so, lake Norman has some great lake and golf communities available.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

John Siddons
704 - 458 - 1843 http://www.SearchCharlotte.com
John.siddons@prucarolinas.com