Home Buying in Palmdale>Question Details

Bonnie, Home Buyer in Lancaster, CA

I am moving to palmdale, what is a good neighborhood for a young family? Close to shopping and movies

Asked by Bonnie, Lancaster, CA Sat Oct 6, 2012

go to http://www.crimereports.com, set the timeframe for at least the last 3 months and be sure to check off all the crime types you're interested in and the sex offenders... then you can search for the lowest areas. You want to stay west of 10th St W (I'm not a real estate agent or anything, so I have no legal restrictions) for the safer areas, but there are still good and bad pockets on each side. There is a nice golf course just northwest of W Ave O and 30th St W... those areas are pretty nice and close enough to the mall (not really walking distance) and the grocery store (Vons is ~1mile)
Good Afternoon Bonnie,

As a REALTOR we are unable to answer a question like that. One of the things I normally recommend a client to do is to get familiar with different communities and locations is to drive the neighborhoods at different times to see the activity in community. Please let me know if there are any further questions. I can send you a detailed list of homes on the market.
Hi Bonnie,

As an Insurance professional, I get to see what areas has higher or lower claims.

I would start your search around the AV Mall corner of Rancho Vista Blvd (Ave P) & 10th St West. There are some nice homes and within walking distance to the mall.

If you have any other questions, feel free to call my office at (661) 265-9686 or my cell (661) 810-5651

I hope that helps!
Hello Bonnie,

As a REALTOR and under the NAR Code of Ethics, it is not ethical for me to say that one neighborhood is better than the next.

I would like to give you some websites and phone numbers to check out:

California School Ratings:

You can also contact the local Palmdale Sheriff's Substation to check on neighborhoods at (661) 272-2400.

As the parents of school age student you'll want to do your own due diligence for the best school district for your child.

Also depending on if you are a 1st time homebuyer, the City of Palmdale has a great program for first time buyers, under their Neighborhood Stabilization Program, including downpayment assistance.

If I can be of ANY assistance, please let me know, I am local!

Tamara Stoebe, REALTOR/Notary
DRE License #01827461
Prudential Troth REALTORS
1801 W. Ave. K
Lancaster, CA 93534
(661) 466-6849
Fax (661) 422-3006
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2012