Mathew, Home Buyer in 85085

I am moving to Phoenix & plan to buy a 4BR home in North Phoenix. How much time does it normally take to?

Asked by Mathew, 85085 Mon Apr 7, 2008

finalize the deal and move in. Should I be renting an apartment for that time or is there a better option ?

Answers

18
Debbie Nieman’s answer
Mathew. Just wondering if you found that perfect property to call home yet or if you're currently renting? I have a great new listing in the Sonoran Foothills area 4 bedroom with a 3 car garage, fully loaded and move in ready with 2 community pools, gated and only $ 335,000

Let me know if you'd like information on this listing or any others.

Debbie Nieman
Keller Williams Sonoran Living
602-799-5239

http://www.diverdebirealty.com

diverdebi@cox.net
85085 is a fairly stated great area to buy in. In some areas we have new builds and on the far northern edge we have large desert acre lots with many different styles of homes.
I am a Cartus certified RELO agent and work with the USAA, Discover card and Petsmart clients often.
Your time frame will depend on you, your lender and if the home you decide to purchase is a Traditional Sale, an REO - Bank Owned or a Short Sale. These factors each have their own personalities.

I would be honored to sit and discuss your questions with you.

Doug Fry, Realtor® "Call Me, Let's Talk Real Estate"
602.549.7994 DougFry@douglasfry.net http://www.DougFry.com

Russ Lyon Sotheby's International Realty
17207 N Perimeter Drive Suite 120
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 15, 2013
Matthew,

Typically 30-45 day depending on the home. I have closed homes in 21 days, but that is not ideal.

Carrie- As a lender I find it hard to believe that your lender averages 10 day closes. That does not seem plausible.

Josh Marks
Jmarks@wintrustmortgage.com
JoshMarksMortgage.com
847.867.5998
773.303.0033
I work with a lender that averages a 10 day close there great if you’d like their contact info let me know.
It will take 30-45 days to get the financing in place. If you are paying cash you can hope to close in less time. Add about 5 days or so to view as many homes as you can and that should just about do it. Good luck with your search!
I work directly with most of the builders in the valley, There are move in ready homes built right now some out a month or two. I could get you into something within 40 days.
Are you interested in single level or two story, and what pricerange?
Hey Matthew!
We could actually get you into a house by the time you get here. I have found houses for out of state clients before, and know how to handle it!
Usually, after finding your home, it takes 30 days to close the deal, if there is no bumps in the road!

Feel free to check out my website... http://www.rebeccasellsaz.com

AND, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me anytime!
480-275-9566

PS. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Hi Mathew,
The time it takes to find a house is just part of the timeframe you need. Might I suggest the following

Call me, lets get you pre-qualified and ready to purchase then when you find the house you are going to purchase, the completion time is only the appraisal and underwriting time frame usually less than 20 days.I am a Mortgage Banker in metro Phoenix, AZ. I lend in both Arizona and California where I will be pleased to help you. If you or someone you know is looking for financing options, please feel free to contact me or pass along my information. 623-340-0934 Korene Clopine-Seaman NMLS # 218520 KLCSLoanTeam.com We are Direct Lenders, WE CLOSE LOANS!
I moved to Phoenix 20+ years ago and love it. I am sure you will as well.

Welcome to Phoenix!!!
I personally live in N. phx area and know it well. If you want to come to town and look around let me know. I would be happy to show you around. Time it takes to close on a home can vary greatly. It all depends on so many factors. Contact me and we can discuss your objectives. Best regards
If at all possible come down and visit before you more out here and get with a realtor. Time frame typically is about 30 days with conventional financing. However if paying cash you can close within probably a week as long as the title company can get everything done in time. FHA financing can take slightly longer than 30 days in general as well as VA but this is not the case every time.
Are you intending to buy the house with cash, or finance?

After you find a house it typically takes 30 days with finance. If you buy the property with cash it may take less than 30 days to close escrow. If the house you intend to buy is a REO, Foreclosure, or Short Sale it may take longer.

Contact me if you need help in finding your dream home. I will happy to assist you.

BiancaDBennett@gmail.com
602-570-7898
Hi Mathew,
It could be anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months or longer. from the time your contract has been accepted. It all depends on how long you want or need your escrow to be. If you are not familiar with the area, I would recommend renting at first and figure out where you would want to live (figure out the commute, etc). If you have decided on a certain area, such as Sonoran Foothills or Anthem, it might not take you long to find your new home. In my experience, it may be in just one afternoon or it can take up to a few weeks. Good luck with your search and do let me know if I can help you with anything. If you need recommendations for a lender please feel free to call me. Welcome to Phoenix!!!
I may have an option for you while you are looking for the home that you would like to buy. I own a funished home in Anthem Country Club that is available for rent right now. Feel free to give me a call if you are interested or visit my website. I also have a beautiful 4 bedroom listing in Anthem that is showcased on my site. Best of luck in your search and welcome to Phoenix.

Molly Trecek 623 229-4196
Normally 30-40 days after you find your home. You can search for your home to your own specifications without being hassled at all. I am also here to help you with any questions you may have! Welcome to the Valley!! http://www.terryforsberg.com. Re/Max Fine Properties
Hi Matthew,

Our office is located in the 85085 zip. I live in Anthem, and my business partner lives in Tramonto. So we are very familiar with the area you are searching. I can tell you first hand that activity has picked up considerably over the past few months in this area due to the bargains that ARE available here. However, they are being scooped up pretty quickly. Depending on the type of transaction you are involved in it can take as little as 30 days to close or up to several months. The short sales typically take a while to close, while the bank owned properties are just like any other transaction, 30-45 day closing period is typical.

Give us a call (602) 334-3757 or visit our website: http://www.ArizonaPremiereLiving.com if you haven't already found a Realtor. We'd be happy to help.
Good morning Matthew,

As other have said, this is generally a good time to buy a home. I say generally because it depends on where you buy. Your zip code is 85085 and I feel that is still a soft area. The region from Happy Valley Road north to Anthem was heavily bought by investors during the 2004-2006 buying spree. The result is there are a high number of foreclosures and investors dumping properties in the region. this can be good for you in that you may get a good deal. The flip side is that prices may continue to drop in the area through the Summer as more variable loans come due and force more foreclosures. The other problem with the region is traffic on I-17. This issue will be problematic for some time and is causing many commuters to weigh the benefits of living outside the city center with long travel times.

Regarding your initial question of the time it takes to close escrow on a purchase, we generally see a time frame of 30-45 days. If you have performed your due dilligence regarding financing it will be shorter and less problamatic. I would strongly suggest youi meet with a couple of loan officers you trust, fill out applications and most importantly get a "Good Faith Estimate." The Good Faith Estimate will outline the loan costs and insure the loan officer has begun working on your loan. Be aware, not all loans are the same and some mortgage companies charge more than others for the exact same product. Shopping is a good idea these days. We are not big fans of on-line mortgage brokers as they may put your application out to a dozen or more lenders and cause your FICO score to go down. You can generally apply with up to 10 different lenders without affecting your FICO, but more than that can ding you.

Hope this information helps. Pleae feel free to check out our web site for more information.

Gene Urban
Web Reference: http://www.urbanteamaz.com
Matthew,

As Jay notes, the length of time needed to close a deal is almost solely determined by the time needed by the buyer (you) as a result of your lender's ability to approve and fund the loan. A typical escrow is 35 days, but shorter escrows of even 10 days are certainly not uncommon, even when financing is necessary. A vacant home could essentially be moved into the next day, if a pre-possession lease were arranged.

If you are very certain of what type of home you are looking for, you could shop online, preferably with an agent to help clarify your desires, and develop a "short list" before ever setting foot on Arizona soil. In a day of house hunting you could narrow that list down and make an offer. The next day, hopefully get it accepted and open escrow. And finally be moved in within 2 weeks, even if you are using conventional financing. And with a pre-possession lease, like I said, you could be moved-in the next day.

By the way, in 85085, I have the following 4 bedroom homes listed for sale:

http://www.teambelt.com/homes-for-sale/28820-north-nobel-roa…
http://www.teambelt.com/homes-for-sale/2425-west-bent-tree-d…

Best of luck in your search!
Web Reference: http://www.teambelt.com
Mathew,
Jason is right. If home ownership is your goal there is no better time and place than Phoenix right now. We have lots of inventory to choose from, many of them vacant and move in ready. Find a great agent and use her to help you research properties. Get in touch with a lender and get your financial ducks in a row. From there you can hit the ground running.
If you are not already working with an agent I would love to apply for the job. Welcome to our city!!
Anna
Web Reference: http://AnnaGoodman.com