Home Buying in Nipomo>Question Details

quitykam3, Home Buyer in Nipomo, CA

I am looking to see if the property I might purchase has Mello-Roos taxes. It is located in Nipomo, CA

Asked by quitykam3, Nipomo, CA Tue Aug 21, 2012

Answers

2
quitykam3,

The process of investigation for determining the construction of your tax bill for an individual property, including whether there's any Mello-Roos, is covered below:

"Estimating Property Taxes in CA"
http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_ornellas_mba_re_mastersgri/…

However, given Michael's post regarding a possible County Special Assessments update I would call the County even if you do not find Mello-Roos charges based on the process in the blog post above to be sure.

-Steve
I'm not aware of a Mello Roos district in Nipomo. The county is presently working to update it's website to research special assessment information but that is still a few months off. If you know the address and/or the APN you can look up an exact copy of the property tax bill to see what taxes and special assessments are included.

Hope this is helpful.