Home Buying in Garland>Question Details

Kyle Roberson, Real Estate Pro in Dallas, TX

I am looking to purchase distressed property in the Garland area. Does anyone have anything?

Asked by Kyle Roberson, Dallas, TX Tue May 22, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

Answers

12
Kyle Roberson’s answer
Hunt,

Sure do. My clients want equity, so I am searching for what they want.


Kyle Roberson
New Western Acquisitions
325-733-7277
http://www.DALLASINVESTMENTHOUSES.com
http://www.NEWWESTERN.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 12, 2012
Are you looking to buy, fix and resell, or are you looking for rental property? I live in Garland and as the previous agents have stated, there are quite a few properties available in this area. It depends on what you are looking for and how much work you are looking to do. I've personally visited the majority of the listings in Garland priced below $70,000. Lots of great opportunities for someone willing to do a little work.

I live in Garland and office at Coldwell Banker Lakewood. I'd be happy to talk with you further about what you need and it would be a simple thing for me to schedule a tour of properties that can work for you.

Victoria West
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, Lakewood/White Rock
vfwest@gmail.com
Twitter: @VWestRealtor
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 24, 2012
There're 566 properties in Garland for sale to date. What is your definition of distressed? What after-repair values are you looking for? If you are an investor, what is your loan-to-value ratio?

Cheers!
Hunt

Hunt Holdridge
HUNTAHOME, LLC
Office: (214) 866-0050
Mobile: (214) 457-1639
Email: hunt@huntahome.com
Web: http://www.HUNTAHOME.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 23, 2012
Hi Kyle,

I have a listing that is not yet listed on the MLS located on West Walnut Street in Garland.

3 bedroom/1 bath/2 car garage brick home.

Email me or give me a call if you're interested in learning about it or if you'd like me to help you find homes in Garland to purchase.

Thanks!

Donovan Lord
Novanlord Realty
214.764.4309 x1001
donovan@novanlord.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 22, 2012
Hi Kyle,

Here is a list of REO properties in the Garland area.

http://ntreislistings.marketlinx.com/SearchDetail/Scripts/Pr…

Let me know if you are interested in any of them. I would love to meet with you and see which properties fits your needs.

THanks

Dixon
214-519-9493
dixondfw@gmail.com
http://www.findyourtexashome.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 22, 2012
Kyle,

Do you have a Broker that helps you acquire these? I see that you are making strong efforts to buy equity.

--
Hunt Holdridge
HUNTAHOME, LLC
Office: (214) 866-0050
Mobile: (214) 457-1639
Email: hunt@huntahome.com
Web: http://www.HUNTAHOME.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 12, 2012
Kyle,

Sorry this isn't in Garland but is close. I am selling a distressed property in Richardson. Address is 531 Shirley Ct, Richardson, 75081. This is a cash only deal and I need to close on it by the end of July.

If you are interested in taking a look at it please give me a call.


Thanks,
Jonathan Brobst
214-514-5438
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 12, 2012
Have you looked around Apollo?

--
Hunt Holdridge
HUNTAHOME, LLC
Office: (214) 866-0050
Mobile: (214) 457-1639
Email: hunt@huntahome.com
Web: http://www.HUNTAHOME.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 27, 2012
Hi Kyle,

Realtors have access to find something for you. Try selecting a Realtor that is specific to the Garland area. If you need help I can refer you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 26, 2012
Kyle, You should go door knocking and tell people you want to buy their home for 50% of the appraised value. Educate yourself on their reaction. Make sure you wear some comfortable sneakers. You'll have a lot of doorbells to ring. Maybe create some bandit signs and see what kind of leads you get.....Good Luck!

Best Regards,
Hunt


--
Hunt Holdridge
HUNTAHOME, LLC
Office: (214) 866-0050
Mobile: (214) 457-1639
Email: hunt@huntahome.com
Web: http://www.HUNTAHOME.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 25, 2012
I have homes in Garland too. Be cautious of the foundation issues that have been neglected from previous owners. 80% of distressed properties in Garland need foundation repairs. The other 20% of them have offers on the table.

Best,
Hunt


--
Hunt Holdridge
HUNTAHOME, LLC
Office: (214) 866-0050
Mobile: (214) 457-1639
Email: hunt@huntahome.com
Web: http://www.HUNTAHOME.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 25, 2012
LOOKING FOR PROPERTIES NOT LISTED ON THE MLS, IF ON THE MLS LOOKING TO BUY FOR ABOUT 50 CENTS ON THE DOLLAR.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 25, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer