Home Buying in Dunsmuir>Question Details

colin.muller, Home Buyer in Woodland, CA

I am looking to purchase a vacation/investment home for my family. I have two young children. What weekend attractions are there?

Asked by colin.muller, Woodland, CA Mon Nov 4, 2013

Answers

7
Look at 14200 Coyote St. Hornbrook, CA 96044. This property is at the foot of Black Mountain less than a mile from the Klamath River. Two homes, one shop 20 acres. Salmon fishing and rafting on the river, snow skiing on Mt. Ashland ski park (25 miles) or Mt Shasta Ski park (60 miles). Shakespeare festival in Ashland, OR (25 miles) or summer concerts at the Britt in Jacksonville, OR (40 miles).
Colin, Dunsmuir is great. Stop by the local Outdoors store on Pine St. next time your there. They will give you maps to the best fishing spots, waterfalls and hikes in the area. They also have a location in McCloud, which is where I live. There are a great many deals to be had in McCloud. McCloud is on the mend from almost extinction. The Mill property has just sold and the new owners are going to build a multi- use development and attract new businesses that will improve home values in the next five years. I recommend getting in on the ground floor. Come check out McCloud next time your up.
Dunsmuir and Mt. Shasta are fantastic areas to vacation in! There is PLENTY of hiking and outdoor adventure. Great hiking spots are Castle Craigs State Park, Mossbrae Falls, Hedge Creek Falls and many more. There are great places to eat, The Dunsmuir Brewery, Cornerstone Bakery and Cafe, a great place for ice cream for the kids is the Burger Barn. There is the worlds best fishing and lakes near by. During the summer we hosts live bands and Farmers Markets. Here are some websites : http://www.americantowns.com/ca/dunsmuir-things-to-do
http://dunsmuir.com/

If you have other questions about the area and the real estate market I would be happy to help you! :)

Yolanda Kruger, Realtor®
Coldwell Banker Chris Kutzkey Realtors, CA lic#01447314
Direct: 530-925-6057
Direct: 623-556-7073
Fax: 602-639-4848
Email: yolanda@coldwellbanker.com

When you or someone you know is thinking about buying or selling please pass along my number! Referrals are the heart of my business and the greatest compliment I can receive as a Real Estate Professional. Thank you!
During the summer you can drive to the Shakespeare festival and catch a play (25 miles). You can also float down the Klamath River. Winter allows you to ski either at the Ashland Ski Park (25 miles) or Mt. Shasta Ski Park (60miles). If you like water sports, you can fish or ski at McCloud lake outside of McCloud, Copco Lake near Hornbrook, just fish at Lake Siskiyou near Mt. Shasta City. This October had one of the best salmon runs in years on the Klamath River (Less than a mile). All milage is from the listing in Hornbrook, CA, at 14200 and 14202 Coyote St.
Colin,

I created a short video that covers the differences between second homes and rentals with respect to your mortgage options. Take a look when you get a chance and let me know if you have any questions.

Rob Spinosa
rspinosa@rpm-mtg.com
There aren't really attractions. There are activities that you can do as a family that involve being outdoors.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com

408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com
The largest attraction is the local botanical gardens, but truth be told, Dunsmuir is primarily known for its outdoor activities: fishing, snow sports, hiking, kayaking, and golfing.

If you would like to be matched with an investment specialist for that region of CA, please feel free to shoot an email to: theholtrealestategroup@gmail.com
Fort Jones proper -- not much. There is a nice little museum. Etna has a bit more (the drug store/soda fountain). If I were buying a vacation home to rent out I'd look at Dunsmuir (easier to get to, pretty mountains), or Lake Shastina (lake, lots of more modern 2nd homes, but less to walk to than Dunsmuir)
Flag Wed Nov 13, 2013