Home Buying in Jersey City>Question Details

Tatiana, Home Buyer in New York, NY

I am looking to purchase a two bedroom in jersey city due to proximity to nyc. How is Harrison avenue in JC?

Asked by Tatiana, New York, NY Mon Jul 7, 2008

Answers

5
I have a few listings on Harrison Ave. and do open house there a few times a week and I also know the neighborhood fairly well. Great location although it is a bit of a hike to the PATH. Some of the buildings do offer Shuttle Service to the PATH. Harrison Ave is close to shopping areas and Lincoln Park.The park is great if you are into sports. They have a new tennis facility with a club house it's free for residents, theres also a putting range. It's a great park for walking your dog or just taking a stroll. As for financials at the buildings your lawyer should take a look at the financials of any building you will be buying into. If there is a problem they give you the heads up. I have been closing deals on this street for a long time and the lawyers haven't had any problems with the financials.

-Beatriz Cervantes
Realtor Associate
Weichert Realtors
Office:201-222-9595 ext.126
Cell:201-240-5366
http://www.jerseycityandbeyond.com
If you are looking to explore the Jersey City Market i can be of assistance. Im a realtor in the area and have invested in JSQ and im very familiar with it. If you like email me @ http://www.OurNJhouse.com and i can email available properties for sale
Web Reference: http://www.OurNJhouse.com
Harrison Avenue is similiar to other parts of Jersey City in Journal Square. I looked at properties in Harrison Avenue and decided it was too far from the path. Basically you will have to take a bus to the train, which is a big hassle. I rented one of my two bedrooms to someone who just moved from that part of JC because they wanted to be closer to the Path. Yes JC is somewhat dangerous, I live on Corbin Avenue and don't hang out much after dark in my area. But if you stay witin .5 miles of the path as a long term investment you can't beat it. Where else can you get 800 square feet for under 200k that is within 20 minutes commute to Manhattan. Not even in the worst parts of Brooklyn can you find this. I'm not an expert and am not a real estate agent but if you look at the numbers in other parts of the metro region for proximity to manhattan JC is the last deal in the entire area. Good Luck & Regards,
It depends how much you looking to spend. I live by harrison ave and it isn't the safest of neighborhoods and is getting worst.
Harrison Ave is not the best of neighborhoods. I would not suggest this area if you have kids. If you are looking for proximity to the city I would look somewhere closer to the water. There are some great deals in the Powerhouse Arts District or Hamilton Park right now.