Home Buying in New Jersey>Question Details

Jose, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

I am looking to purchase a home in the $100k to $125k range with 3 bedrooms. Can you tell me what parts of?

Asked by Jose, Brooklyn, NY Tue Feb 5, 2008

Jersey that i can get a home in that price range. I would like to add that it needs to be close to schools

Answers

7
We have some sections in Atlantic County where you can buy a row home in that price range such as in Atlantic City. Also we have condos in that price range. For a single family home in that range you will be looking at something that needs a complete rehab or something very small.

Best wishes on your home search,

Matt
Web Reference: http://HavilandGroup.net
No need for attitude John. I happen to have 2 buyers in my area I am currently working with (both searching for 3 bedrooms in the area of 100K ) and there are properties in this area for slightly over/under 100K. Twins/condos/fixer uppers (yes, tlc) . I dont know what your area is like...granted any property in that price range will probably need fixing up...but if he contacts me I will be sure to let you know what happens! I would not have suggested he contact me if I did not have properties to back up my answers with!! I research my findings (for my area) before I post them. If I did not think I could help him...I would not have answered. Good luck to you too.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 6, 2008
Well...It IS possible to purchase a home in that price range. But be prepared to be looking at fixer upers. I specialize in Camden and Burlington counties in NJ. Most properties in my area need TLC in that price range. If you are a handyman..you could find a good deal. Let me know if these are counties you are looking in. I would be glad to help you in your search!! Janice.Morze@lnf.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 5, 2008
It's not tough at all. I know if you look into Phillipsburg (Warren County) you will find an area which you can find exactly what your looking for. Let me know if you need a Realtor for that area - If you're searching online the zip code is 08865. Good luck!
Web Reference: http://www.isellroxbury.com
Go get' em Janice! I like the TLC portion of it of your response.

By all means help Jose find that house!

remember this post and let us all know how it works out!
Thst is a very touch number to work with. You definitely won't be able to buy in Bergen, Passaic, Essex or Morris counties. Try using realtor.com and using the state of NJ and price as your guide and see what you come up with. Good luck.
Sharon Kozinn
Web Reference: http://www.realtor.com
Woo - that is a tough number. I will do some research and get back to you.

But I have to be honest and say, I don't think it is possible to purchase a 3 bedroom home for 100 - 125k.