Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

Luis R. Agos…, Home Buyer in Hammond, IN

I am looking to purchase a home/condo in Chicago this September with a VA loan. How will I know how much I will qualify for? How soon can I find out?

Asked by Luis R. Agostini, Hammond, IN Tue Feb 18, 2014

Answers

24
Luis: I would be happy to answer your questions and work with you towards your successful condo purchase. I offer VA Mortgages and have over 3 decades of experience in Chicagoland lending. I was also a real estate appraiser for over 20 years. That experience greatly benefits you when purchasing a condo, as these purchases can sometimes be a bit more challenging. Please contact me at your convenience, so we can get started on your financing. My contact info is available on my website, shown below. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Gene
Web Reference: http://www.genemundt.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 19, 2014
Hi Luis,

Please give me a call. We are happy to help you prequalify for a VA loan. More importantly, I want you to know of a great program called Welcome Home Hereoes I specialize in where you can get $10,000 in assistance:

Welcome Home Heroes for Veterans & Military
- Affordable 30 Year Fixed Rates
- $10,000 forgivable down payment and closing cost assistance
- Combined with a special Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC), whereby Veterans receive 20% of the mortgage interest paid in the form of an income tax credit annually.

Flyer: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=725288930823458&…

While I work with all types of buyers and properties (from starter to luxury homes), I also specialize in helping 1st Time Buyers take full advantage of THE BEST financing programs available in the marketplace. In fact, I was named the #1 Originator of these programs in Illinois by the Illinois Housing Development Authority (IHDA). You can read more at: http://chicagoagentmagazine.com/current-issue/vol-10-2013/wh…

Jason Accola | Senior Mortgage Consultant
NMLS#: 755894 | Wintrust Mortgage
40 W. Hubbard St, 2nd Floor, Chicago, IL 60654
(312) 462-7732 Office | (312) 316-3000 Mobile | (312) 277-3322 eFax
jaccola@wintrustmortgage.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 19, 2014
Hi Luis,

You are right to start now. You should get pre-qualified with an experienced lender now and be fully prepared when the time comes.

Once I pull a copy of your credit report I have access to software which enable me to run unlimited scenarios for things we could do as well as how it would affect your score. In addition, I can use this software to project out in time so we can see what the effect will be in one month, or two, or more. Often I can get peoples score up significantly while we process their applications to either get them qualified, or take an already qualified applicant and get them a better rate at the settlement.

I am available to help you at your convenience if you wish.

I also offer credit score improvement programs for free while we work on your mortgage.

If you like my answer above, consider clicking on a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer”

Robert L. Hanson
Gladewater National Bank
First Time Homebuyer Specialist

Direct: 240-752-7549 Cell: 301-651-7822
Email: robertlh66@verizon.net
NMLS# 695929

Rate quote or live chat with me at the link below:

http://www.loansfromrob.com/quote/
Luis,
The first thing that you want to do is consult with a mortgage lender. I have a great person that can work with you step-by-step through the entire pre-approval process. Please give me a call and I will get the two of you connected right away.

Gregory Shephard
Broker
Real People Realty, Inc
708-955-6172
Dear Luis,

Sam Sharp is one of the best mortgage professionals I have worked with. I would start with him.
any mortgage broker or lender can help you get prequalified. VA loans should be pretty good ones. if you get prequalified, know that you are not obligated to use that mortgage person. You may want to if they have the ball rolling, but you don't have to. so start there.
Karen Feldman
Reach out to a mortgage lender and let them help you. Let me know if you would like a referral.
Try The Federal Savings Bank. We are a Veteran Owned Bank here in Chicago. . You can give me a call at 3112-789-4717 and visit our website at http://www.thefederalsavingsbank.com.
Happy Wednesday
Brett Robinson
Call Bernard Duganzik with Key Mortgage at 847 508 0190. He's an honest competent lender who can tell you what you qualify for. He is great at explaining the process to his clients.

Also, interview a few realtors to help you find a place after you get your financing in order.
Luis,

You can find out today by giving me a call at 773-416-7107. As Jason mentioned, I too think the Welcome Home Heroes program is your best bet, combining a VA loan with a forgivable $10,000 second which you can use you lower your loan amount/monthly payment.

I look forward to working with you.

Matt Bukovy
Senior Mortgage Consultant
Blueleaf Lending
A Division of Midwest Community Bank
mbukovy@blueleaflending.com
773-416-7107
NMLS# 755921
Hi Luis,

First you want to call the 800 # for the VA headquarters in Minnesota. You will need your military ID#, enlisted date/determination date & pay rank. This will determine your eligibility - the VA itself has a pre-approved list of lenders for you to contact after your eligibility is determined. You will most likely not need a down payment. The VA will lend out only once during your lifetime so make sure it's at a time you feel you will be in the home for a long time.
contact a lender that is well versed in VA loans. They can easily answer your questions
My web site has some lender references. Give them a call and see. There are not many VA approved condos so your options might be limited.
Hello Luis,

A lander will you to know how much you can afford. Getting your Certificate of Eligibility will let you know how much the VA is willing to insure. VA loans are great because they can go up to 100% financing. Good luck and thank you.
Contact a lender. They will be able to tell you how much you may qualify for. There are also programs for Veterans that assist with down payments. Give me a call and I can refer you to a lender
You will need your Certificate of Eligibility from the VA. Do you have that yet? Then contact a lender that specializes in VA loans.
Yes I do, thanks for responding to my question.
Flag Wed Feb 19, 2014
First thing is first, speak with a lender. They will be able to give you a good idea of what you can qualify for.
You need to talk with a lender first , plus VA loans can change in days the requirements
Luis it is best to work with a lender who is highly qualified. VA loans have a lot of requirements. They can tell you right away how much you qualify for. Keep in mind that the loan is only half the battle. If you purchase a condo in Chicago; the building has to be VA approved. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. My email is exit.catherine@gmail.com.
You will want to speak with a lender first to help determine your elligibility. I am happy to help
Sam Sharp
Senior VP of Mortgage Lending
Guaranteed Rate
773-290-0455
I agree with the others. Simply find a loan officer in the Chicagoland area who does VA loans and can help you in the process. Most of us lenders can help. Just be sure to compare with others. Good luck

Steve Smither
Senior Loan Originator
One Mortgage INC
847-942-5151
Hi Luis...
The pre-qualification process is quick and easy. I'd be happy to help so please contact me and I can walk you through the process. Have a good evening.
JP

JP Marzano
1st Advantage Mortgage
Chicago, IL
jp.marzano@1amllc.com
312-608-1555
Step #1 is to speak with a Loan Officer so that you may get yourself prequalified.

Feel free to contact me should you need any assistance and welcome to Chicago.
Web Reference: http://www.BJDLOANS.com
Talk to a loan officer. I can help. We specialize in VA loans. It doesn't cost you anything for a pre-approval. Feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Matthew Roder
VP of Mortgage Lending
Guaranteed Rate
630-388-9533
matthew.roder@guaranteedrate.com