Twinky, Home Buyer in New York, NY

I am looking to purchase a home but my husband had bad credit. Can i still purchase it and not have him on the mortgage?

Asked by Twinky, New York, NY Fri Aug 19, 2011

Answers

8
Yes, you can. Call me at 646-281-9532
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 19, 2011
Good afternoon Twinky,

I hope you were able to find a mortgage banker or mortgage broker to help you and purchase the property you really want it. If you did not find a home yet and still looking and have any questions, i can be reached directly 646-944-5685
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 28, 2013
New York is not a community property state so that your husband does not have to be on the mortgage or deed. Make sure you feel comfortable with the mortgage payments since your husband does not have a record of paying things.
If you qualify on your own, yes--therefore visit with any loan officer to determine qualification...
Hi Twinky, assuming you have an income, you should be able to have the mortgage under your name only. Your credit score will be one of the factors determining what rate you would get. Banks will ususally lend approx 4 times your annual income, minus any other debts you have. Speak to a mortgage broker/banker and get your information from them-once you have been qualified - start looking for a house. My opinion Terry K 718-614-3167 cell or email TKorahais@elliman.com
You sure can and in this low market you should. Just because your married doesn't mean he has to be on the loan.
Absolutely, providing you have good credit & sufficient income.
You should be able to buy without your husband on the loan if you have sufficient income, assets, and good credit to qualify on your own. Talk to a local mortgage professional and find out if you qualify.
Web Reference: http://www.MedfordTeam.com