Home Buying in Lancaster>Question Details

Whitneym87, Home Buyer in Lancaster, SC

I am looking to purchase a home. How do I get started?

Asked by Whitneym87, Lancaster, SC Mon Aug 13, 2012

Answers

7
Good evening, Whitney.
Buying a home is a process that involves learning about what is important to you, what you like, don't like and what you must have. This self-reflection is then compared against what a lender is willing to do for you. Choosing the right lender is important and we recommend one based on your credit profile, location where you want to purchase, amount of down payment you have saved. Trulia "I have bad credit and no savings. Can I get a home or am I stuck renting?" reviews some of the things you need to do to get a loan: http://goo.gl/XHzTF Once you know what you like and what your mortgage banker tells you that they can do for you, the excitement of choosing the right neighborhood and home begins. There is a Trulia Blog about choosing neighborhoods in the link below. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. ... if you appreciate this answer, please give it a "thumbs up", or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a "best answer" click .
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 13, 2012
Find an agent you trust in your location and let them get you going,
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 13, 2012
Give me a call or email me and I will guide you thru the process

Abby Nelson
704-890-1860
abbynelson@bellsouth.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 13, 2012
First thing you need to do is contact a local lender. They can pre-qualify you and tell you how much you can afford based upon the information you provide on income, debt etc. Once you have an LSR (a loan status report or preapproval) you can try to locate a local realtor who can help you. I might be biased but a good way to find somebody local to you would be to search for a pro in Trulia then look for someone who is engaged in the community forums and who seems knowledgeable. A this point the Realtor should be able to guide you through making an offer, performing an inspection, close of escrow all the way into your new dream home! Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 13, 2012
Hey Whitney,

Just checking in to see how your search is going. I noticed several out of state agents answered your questions and wanted to make sure I am available to guide you thru the process.

Abby Nelson
704-890-1860
abbynelson@bellsouth.net
Hi, yoery first step should be to contact a mortgage professional to get pre approved. Having a pre approval upfront helps you narrow down a comfortable price range to look and shows that you are serious. You will need a pre approval letter to accompany any offer you make on a property. They are typical valid for 60-90 days and can be easily updated if you don't l;ocate a property in that time frame. Your next step would be to contact a few agents and meet with them to see who you are comfortable with. Once you choose an agent they will gyuide you accordingly. The more guidance you have the more comfortable and enjoyable your process will be .

Chris

Abby Nelson
704-890-1860
abbynelson@bellsouth.net