Home Buying in Las Vegas>Question Details

Sparkle, Both Buyer and Seller in Las Vegas, Las Vegas,...

I am looking to purchase a brand new home in Las Vegas, single story, with no HOA.

Asked by Sparkle, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV Sun Jun 17, 2012

I am looking to purchase a brand new home in Las Vegas, single story, with no HOA for under $200,000. Anybody know of any new homes that fit this description? I do not want to live in Henderson. My family will be living in it for the next 30 years.

Answers

31
Please send me a little more info as to the type of home you are looking for and I will be happy to send you homes that match your search criteria. Please start your free no obligation home search here: http://lvrealestatehelp.weebly.com/buying-real-estate.html

Robert Adams
Broker/Salesman
The Adams Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies
C:702-349-9175
O:702-932-8813
F:702-932-8826
RobertAdams@LVrealestateHELP.com
http://www.LVrealestateHELP.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 2, 2013
Dear Newbie. It would be helpful to know how big a family you have, any special requirements like 1 or 2 story, how many baths? Size of yard? I would be visiting a bunch of Sunday open houses, get a feel for what works for you, talk to the open-house agents about the market and your preferred area of town, and take your time. A 30 year decision should not be done quickly

David Cooper Investor and Buyers Agent at Since 1917 Realty 702-499-7037
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 17, 2012
It is difficult, but not impossible, to find new homes without an HOA. If you haven't yet found an agent, I would be happy to assist you.

Angela Brasser
Broker/salesman
(702) 460-2515
Http://www.vegasrealtyvalues.com
hello I am looking for the same thing... some what new home with no hoa's preferably in north west las vegas...single story if at all possible. Please contact me at khrsteen@aim.com
Flag Sat Aug 23, 2014
You will often find that new builds have an HOA, but I would be happy to assist with your search. There are many resale homes in the Las Vegas area that would also fit the bill of single story, possibly updated with new features and no HOA's. I see you posted some time ago, but if you are currently looking for a home, please feel free to contact me.

Chad Roberts
Broker/Salesperson
Realty One Group
I see that you inquired some time ago. I hope you were able to contact a local, experienced Realtor to assist with your search. A buyer’s agent may be a real asset as they can help assist with your specifications and in the interim, find you a new/newer home with no HOA or an HOA with little involvement, outside of Henderson.

Chad Roberts
Broker/Salesperson
Realty One Group
There are no new homes without an HOA unless it is a custom home. You can find homes meeting all other criteria with a low HOA. If you would like further information, please feel free to contact me.
The person who asked the original question should let people know if he or she found the dream home. if not, good luck. The real estate market was slow last year, but now it is different. I have been following some new home trend. Market up 35% comparing 2012. Builders are getting greedy again. one of new development is selling 1670 sg ft house at $275990. One of model's size about 3300 sg ft is selling around $370,000. One of my client ( I am an insurance agent) wants to buy it and there are 5 people on the waiting list. They have to put down $100K + due to overpriced.
How's your credit? How much down pay do you have?

David Cooper Helping you Find a Great Deal for a 1st home or a perfect investment Since 1994
READ MORE http://www.lasvegaswinner.org
1-888-616-6226
As far as I know almost all new homes in Las Vegas have subdivision with HOA's
Best place to start is to hire an Exclusive Buyer Agent to represent you. EBAs represent home buyers only, and work to get you the best price and most favorable terms. You can go to NAEBA.org for a referral to an EBA in your area.

I'm an EBA and I wrote a book called "Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You". It will be the best $6 you've ever spent.

Best of luck!
i need help finding a single story brand new home for 100,000 min to 200,000 max in summerlin nevada area or mountians edge
where does one look to find brand new under 100,000 in Las Vegas!
Contact me and I will show you. vlad.realtyone@gmail.com
I realize that you may have already purchased by now, but this message is for anyone else reading this thread. I wish that I had done what you are trying to do. I recently purchased a home in Las Vegas (July 2012), and my experience with the HOA has been horrible. Do not listen to the few realtors below who have indicated that the purpose of the HOA is merely to maintain common areas and ensure that properties are kept up to standard. Their interest is NOT in maintaining home values, but in assessing as many fees as possible to rake in the money. I inherited an apparent violation when I purchased my home (an "illegally installed" satellite dish). (My neighbors all have similarly installed dishes, so I thought nothing of it when purchasing my home.) Immediately upon being notified of the problem, I called the HOA for clarification (the notification letter was very vague about the issue), then had the dish removed. A month later, I received another notice. The HOA had failed to tell me that another exterior cable on the house also was "improperly installed" (a few of the many dozen clips that held it in place had broken off, but it was still mostly attached). They considered this part of the same "violation" even though it is a separate cable and had not been mentioned when I called for clarification after the first letter. Again, the HOA's letter was unclear. I responded in writing requesting further clarification and stating that within two weeks or receiving it I would rectify the problem. No response. Finally I called the HOA, got the information, and remedied the "issue" right away. (I had the entire cable removed as I was worried that if I affixed it, the HOA would indicate that the clips I used were wrong or the distance between clips was too large or too small.) I was told that there would be no fines or charges if I dealt with the problem in the time frame to which I had committed. AFTER fixing the problem, I was sent a certified letter that I would be dealt with at a hearing! I explained that the problem was fixed and that I wanted to stop receiving harassing letters and did not want to be fined or charged. I took pictures of the fix and sent them in -- I asked how I could prove that the problem was resolved and the HOA said I could send photos. Now the HOA is saying that photos cannot be used as proof (mine was date stamped and showed the address clearly in the photo) because they can be falsified (photoshopping over the address??? come on!!) -- and if the HOA doesn't have the time to check that the problem has been fixed before sending out certified letters, too bad, even if the resident is operating within a stated time frame! The animosity that my HOA point of contact feels for the residents is evident in even a brief conversation -- and homeowners who actually address issues promptly are considered in the same light as repeated violators. My HOA point of contact said that he doesn't trust any homeowner who says that they're going to fix a problem -- even when a homeowner like me show that we have fixed the problem, our evidence is then questioned. Geez! I want to sell as soon as I can and leave the area altogether. I am working on changing jobs, and will be very eager to sell once I get that taken care of. I had thought that the Vegas market and prices would make this home purchase opportunity too good to pass up. Was I wrong! Instead of trying to preserve home values these HOAs are driving out responsible owners like me. My friends in Vegas have had similar experiences. Follow your instincts and stay away from Vegas HOAs if you have any choice.
I agree with you! This HOA is TROPICAL VILLAS EAST is ridiculous! With this economic they asking for HOA for a $162.00 a month...WHOAAA I have a lot of bills to take care of too not just an HOA! Wake up people... I will find a lawyer to sue you guys abusing your power!!!
Flag Tue May 13, 2014
Flag Tue May 13, 2014
Similar experience, except we are renting. HOA harassment almost every month. The references that they give for the violations are vague and don't match up to the regulations that we were given. When we call, they assure us that everything will be OK, but we have been assessed fines 3 times already. Fortunately we rent, and I can't wait to move to a non-Harassing Opportunistic As...... property
Flag Sat Jan 5, 2013
Not an easy task but it can be done. When are you looking to purchase, where, how many bedrooms & baths & have you been qualified by a lender. If you are ready to start looking I'd be glad to work with you. Please call me at 702-203-9645
Ron
I do not know any new home in Las Vegas without HOA. But you can buy a older home in Clark county and build a new one. We just did. It took over 2 years.
Contact beth.rosenthal@exprealty.com, there are plemty of non hoa homes in vegas, consdiering this last market plunge due to hoa's selling off their notes to collectors they have become real un-popular. Stae your needs, she will find it. Gary
Hi Newbie123,

Finding a new home without an HOA can be a challenge. Your best bet is a custom on a larger lot. The large lot also makes it easier for a builder to site a one-story home. However, there aren't a lot of these around right now. The big real estate bust put a lot of the small custom builders out of work, and they were the ones most likely to build that kind of properties. Your best bet is to find a competent real estate agent and ask him/her to set you up with an automated computer search so if a property of that description becomes available, you and the agent will be notified immediately, and can go lok at it right away. Be forewarned, there is a dearth of every kind of listing right now, and it may take a while to find the home you want.

Mike Pristow, Donna Hodge & Associates
702-604-1001
Good Morning,

Thank you for reaching out and asking about homes in Las Vegas. My name is Giovanna Piccoli. My family has been in Las Vegas since 1928. We are one of the original founding families of Las Vegas with subdivisions that include Piccoli Ranch.

There are subdivisions without HOA's, however, new subdivisions will have HOA's. The HOA fees are to maintain the common areas of the neighborhood; the entry area, walking trails, pools, playgrounds, etc. There are subdivision with low HOA's and minimal restrictions.

As a buyer, you will be given the entire packet of rules & regulations. If you do not agree with them, you have the right to back out of the sale and keep your earnest money deposit. Most HOA's are designed to ensure all neighbors keep clean and tidy yards. They also have restrictions on paint color for the exterior of your home. Some people believe if your neighbor paints their home purple with pink trim, your property value goes down....get the idea?

I would be more than happy to discuss more with you. Feel free to call my office anytime 702-873-7400 ext.143 or email piccoligroup@yahoo.com.

Thank you again for reaching out about Las Vegas homes. We look forward to working with you,

Giovanna Piccoli
Newbie123: I did a comprehensive search thru Las Vegas-excluding Henderson. You will either need to come up a bit in price-perhaps $240K or eliminate the :No HOA" condition. I have 8-10 nice new single story homes in the northwest part of town but most have an HOA. The two that do not are above $240K.
Ron
203-9645

I have a New Home Site in 89081 zip code that is 1797 sq ft standard is 3 bedrooms and a den (den can option to a 4 bedroom) - includes: All appliances black or white (yes -refrigerator and washer/dryer too) - 42" Birch cabinets (raised panel doors) w/3" crown molding in kitchen - granite - ceiling fan pre-wires in all major rooms - 30" Birch cabinets (raised panel doors) w/3"crown molding - house is prewired for alarm sysem - surround sound pre-wire in main room - soft water loop - garage door opener - covered porch w/lights and pavers - pavers in driveways - 10 yr bonded limited home warrante - community pool and parks......there is an HOA fee of $52 a month though.

If you would like more information contact me at (702)324-9281 or email: Mdutchess@harmonyhomes.com

Michele Dutchess
New Home Sales Agent
Harmony Homes
You might consider at least low HOA fees since it involves more favorable zoning as well as location, all new home builders that are developing at the moment in Vegas and I am confident can offer you the exact home you are looking for would have some kind of monthly fees on the properties, please feel to contact me direct at (702) 884-6428 for more information
Hello Newbie,

How exciting! There has never been a better time to buy in Las Vegas! I have great software available to you for new homes. We can look thru all new homes in the valley in the cool comfort of my office at Coldwell Banker. If you would like to come in and meet with me, it would be my pleasure to assist you. I am a lifetime resident of Las Vegas, and a top producer at my Company!
Please feel free to check my credentials on the internet, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely, Diane Varney 702.401.0307
Web Reference: http://dianev.cbvegas.com
Hello Newbie 123,
There's a lot of options for new homes in Las
Vegas. Builders are giving a lot of incentives as well. Your price range wil not be hard to get a good size of a single family home either new or resale.

Please feel free to call me when you want me to show you some properties.

Elizabeth Larson
Prominent Realty Group LLC
Phone:702-419-3304
Email:larsonassoc@cox.net
Hi Newbie 123,
As you can see there quite a few new homes available in your price range that are not in Henderson.
Different builders each offer different incentives. I would love to help you and your family.
Please call, text, or email me so we can start a dialogue and find the right place for you and your family.
John J. Longeway
Realtor®
Keller Williams Realty Southern Nevada
office:702-777-0002
cell:702-325-4833
email:johnlongeway@gmail.com
http://jjlongeway.kwrealty.com
Good morning,

I can certainly help you with this search. I know of a fantastic area on the edge of Summerlin that will be building one story homes close to that price, one story, no HOA fees.

Please give me a call to give you the rest of the information and details.
Lorena Petersen
RealtyOne Group
LorenaP@RealtyOneLV.com
702-327-9571
I specialize in New Homes. We have 5 new home developments that don't have HOA's. Please email me and give me purchase amount and copy of loan approval or proof of funds and we'll set up a time to go looking.

Matthew and Kim D’Ercole
One Source Realty and Management
Cell - 702.501.0973

Website - http://matthewsellslasvegas.las.mlxchange.com

Congratulations for making the choice to purchase! There are over 20 builders in Las Vegas many of which build single story. I would recommend speaking with an agent to determine which location (other then Henderson) you are looking for, the square footage, and lot you are expecting. It would be difficult to match your expectations without knowing all the details. Also many builders put an HOA in place on new homes to maintain the area therefore single story homes without an HOA tend to be semi-custom on larger lots. So although do-able, this will be a diificult search.

I would recommend finding an agent you trust to assist you in your search and give you a thoughtful perspective on what your money will afford you that can meet your needs.
I know of a few that fit this description. It depends on your budget and how far away from the Strip you are comfortable with living. Please be aware that almost all homes in Las Vegas built after the 1980's are part of an HOA community and have HOA fees. While many people dislike the HOA's, in Las Vegas, they do serve their purpose which is to keep the subdivision looking well-maintained.
I am sure you will get 50 answers but please if you visit my website read my client testimonials and get a better idea of how I treat my clients . Please then give me a call and lets discuss this in depth because it is a 20 paragraph conversation so it is much better to speak. I really would love to help. http://www.VegasRealtorJoe.com
I have closed over 50 properties with buyers in the last 2 years. I am experienced, know the valley well and have an excellent team to make the process seamless. I can also recommend a good lender should you happen to need one. Please give me a call to discuss how I can be of assistance; we can also go over any questions or concerns you may have about purchasing in our current market.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Steve
702-630-6239 cell