Nc Bound, Home Buyer in Cornelius, NC

I am looking to move to Mooresville in late July. I hoped to buy in the 28117 zip code given the schools but

Asked by Nc Bound, Cornelius, NC Fri Feb 29, 2008

also do not really want to be in a subdivision. Are there many homes in this zipcode that are not subdivisions?

Answers

16
I recently previewed a home that sounds perfect for you. Check out 150 Keats Road. Waterview home on close to an acre lot, with deeded waterfront lot which has pier, boat lift, concrete boat ramp (perfect for the kids to swim on) priced in the low 300's. Home is away from the busy traffic of Brawley and 150. It is in the ISS system (Mt. Mourne, Brawley Middle and LKN HS)
Hello NC Bound...

I am just running across this question, I hope you see the answer... but I wanted to weigh in. I not only work in the 28117 zip code, but I live in the 28117 zip code. To answer you question, YES there are many homes not in subdivisions in this area... lot's of really nice areas.

If you would like to see any, just let me know and I'd gladly email you some listings...

Monica
NC Bound, After having searched and found a home for a buyer in Mooresville last fall, I found the properties there on average are higher than Waxhaw. And most everything there was in subdivisions. I found the homes there in the $200K price range comparably would be about $184-$189K in Union County. Mooresville's tax base added to Iredell county's taxes were pretty high too, comparable to Charlotte and Mecklenburg County. Mooresville's property values have soared due to the high growth, the proximity to Lake Norman, the large number of Lowe's employees relocated there, and the Nascar racing employment. Traffic on I77 commuting in and out of Mooresville is also a nightmare during rush hours. If you're searching for homes in the area, check out my website and also learn more about Union County at http://www.IsellUnion.com.
Web Reference: http://www.Isellunion.com
sorry I have been absent for a while and just returned to see lots of replies to my original query. we are still looking to settle down near Mooresville but are now thinking perhaps Waxhaw as I believe the prices there to be much more realistic. at this time though I think we will continue to wait and see as it seems hard to believe prices will not go down further, especially in Mooresville. Many thanks again for all your posts!!
Please check us out http://LakeNormanHomepages.com
Are you looking for a luxury custom home with a multi-acre homesite in Mooresville? Wanting to build or move in soon? What price point of home?
Dear NC Bound

I hope you were able to find a place. If you are still looking please allow me to send automatic info on available homes not on a subdivision. Please contact me at your convenience.

Angelica Traub
atraub@cbunited.com
Hi NC Bound, My advise to you would be to look in the county. There are many listings that are not in "Planned Urban Developments". Many have acreage and privacy. Also, the taxes are about half what you would pay in town limits. If you are not working with an agent, please contact me and I can provide more info and a web page for you to browse. Thank you
Hi NC Bound...

Great pick!

I LIVE and work in 28117...yes, there are many homes not in sub's in this area...granted, there are sub's but there are homes in this zip code not in them as well...

Like I said, I live and work here, I KNOW this area well...I'd gladly e-mail you some listings if you'd like...contact me at my website below or via e-mail at mhemingway@kw.com

Good luck with your move...
NC Bound, You can find homes outside of subdivision's. There are also some other areas you could consider that are in the area and also have good schools. Iredell Statesvills School Schools and Mooresville City Schools are the systems in the area. Please feel free to contact me if you have any specific questions. I can do a specific search for you if need be. You could look at zip 28115 or towns like Sherrills Ford, Troutman and Catawba if you want a rural feel.
Check out my blog at http://movetolakenorman@wordpress.com. It is full of lots of helpful information.
Hi I have a lot of local information on my website, and you can look at the MLS from here also. Mooresville is very diverse and there are several school zones within the city. It is important to decide which school you want to be able to search in the right section.
I am a Real Estate Broker who lives in Mooresville, NC. I will be happy to forward detailed information to you on the available homes "not in a subdivision" as soon as possible. You may reach me at atraub@cbunited.com. or http://www.cbunited.com/AngelicaTraub.
Hi There are many different schools in Mooresville. It is very important to decide which school it is that you want and then choose a home.
Yes there are homes in Mooresville that are not in a sub-division. I probably understand why you don't want to be in a sub-division since I did own my own in one and then quickly moved out to a property that was not in one but was in an area that was established had nice homes on larger lots. Helen Adams Realty can certainly help you with your search, we have an office in Lake Norman and one of our main areas of expertise is Mooresville. I would like to send you what is available now so that you can monitor the market and get an understanding of what is going on before you get here. If you are like me, you want to be informed before you arrive so that you can make an educated decision on what you want. I can set up your very own search page so that you can view all properties that fit your criteria. I have a whole bunch of questions for you and am available today or tomorrow to talk about your needs, wants and desires so either you can call me at (704) 701-9206 or I can call you at a time that's convenient. If you would prefer that I call you, please contact me via e-mail: trish@trishandkathy.com and provide your contact information. Many thanks and look forward to working with you. Best regards, Trish MacDonald
I would love to help you. Of course there are homes in the Mooresville area not in subdivision. You just need to start looking now and watch the market. I can assist you with this. Give me a call today. at 704-607-7514 so that we can get more information and get you started. My office is in Denver, NC
Rose Cramer