Home Buying in Overlook>Question Details

gill707, Home Buyer in Walnut Creek, CA

I am looking to buy using a VA loan, any agents successful with VA clients?

Asked by gill707, Walnut Creek, CA Tue Jan 8, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3105160641-198-Hilltop-Cresce…

Answers

14
Hi Gill: I am reading your question as not so much will you qualify but CAN you buy: given the current conditions of the market ie; multiple offers, offering over asking price, etc. VA loans are the most forgiving in underwriting, so approval should not be your obstacle.
As I work with VA buyers on a regular basis, I can answer your question and say 'YES!! However, It will take some patience and your agent staying on top of the market for you.
This requires a real estate agent that is not only saavy in the market in which you are looking, but, in this market, knows a LOT of people. Knows when a listing is coming available so that you can get the jump on it.
Now more than ever this business requires good working relationships and experience. In the past three months, the transactions I have seen go into escrow are between agents who know one another, want to work with one another (trusting the transaction is going to run smoothly AND close) and agents who communicate.
My most recent transaction was a buyer who went into escrow after writing, at least, 10 other offers with another agent.
Once my borrower landed with the right agent who knew how to speak with other agents and who could help the borrower craft a letter that touched the sellers so much that they chose their offer over the other 18 offers that were written.
Yes! You can find a home with a VA loan. If any real estate agent snub their nose at your financing (see it happen with VA, FHA and low down conventional), find another. Trulia is a great place to look for reviews.

If you want to give specifics about your transaction or would like a referral for a well versed Walnut Creek agent you can ask me at cgravelle@diversifiedgm.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 8, 2013
Thank you for the great response, this was the answer I was looking for. I tried to email but it didn't work?
Flag Tue Jan 8, 2013
Good Morning Gil. It would be a privilege to work with you. It is also imperative that you work with a team that knows all of the details and nuisances of the VA loan. It really is ALL about the team that you work with in order to successfully come to fruition. I am quite passionate about our vets. I am an Air Force Brat. My father was a career military man. I am a former lender. I am very well versed on the VA programs and affiliated with the best lenders possible. I have references for you should you need them and closed 4 VA deals last year and am working with VA clients right now. I live in Walnut Creek. Please call!
For real estate worldwide, whether you need to sell or buy or sell your home in California, IL, New York, Florida, Canada - anywhere in the world for that matter - there is no better place to begin and end your search than Century 21 Real Estate.

You can reach me at:

world@century21.com
Hi Gill,
Thank you for posting. Yes, we would be glad to help you purchase using your VA benefits. We have a dedicated government loan center specializing in VA & FHA loans. We have actually done quite a few VA high balance loans in the northern California area. Walnut Creek/Contra Costa is zero down to $1,050,000. Meaning on a VA loan you could purchase this property using your VA benefits with zero down payment.

I would be happy to help you get pre-qualified. No cost to you and no obligation.

Thanks again for posting,

Randy Kramb
Government Loan Center
Residential Wholesale Mortgage,Inc.
randyk@rwmloans.com
Hi Gil,

I know you have had a lot of great answers to your question - I just wanted to add an endorsement for you. I am a Realtor in Walnut Creek and I strongly recommend you contact Vikki Bearman as a VA buyer. She is an infinite repository of knowledge and has the contacts you need to get you into a new home. Also, as a child of the military VA buyers hold a special place in her heart - your purchase is a personal matter for her. Give Vikki a call - you will not regret it!

http://www.vikkibearman.com
Hello Gill,

We have a great team of lenders and an underwriter in Walnut Creek that specializes in VA loans. If you have some questions feel free to reach out.
Docs out today on one for my clients! I would love to talk to you about the strategy!
Please call!
Vikki
925708-0008
You bet. I bought my home last year using my VA Loan. I am currently refinancing it for a lower rate. The VA Loan is an excellent benefit for us Veterans!!
One more thing....I have had the good fortune of working with John McDade. He has specialized in VA loans for 33+ years. He is the quintessential expert for VA and FHA loans. I can't encourage you enough to start with him! I would be happy to give you references!

Here is his contact information:

John McDade

Director, Government Loan Center
Residential Wholesale Mortgage, Inc.
11234 El Camino Real, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92130

OFFICE: (858) 495-3100 x 150

FAX: (858) 495-3101

JohnMc@rwmloans.com

http://www.residentialmortgage.net

CA DRE #00798320, NMLS #239553
Hi, I am so happy to see your question and all of the great responses! I am currently working with 3 VA buyers and in contract with 2. I am very passionate about our Vets as I grew up in the military and am an Air Force Brat. I believe it takes an extra effort to help some of our colleagues understand how great a VA loan is and all of the new guidelines. For example, most realtors are unaware that the VA DOES NOT HAVE no purchase for 90-120 policy for flip homes! In our market this can make all the difference as conventional lending and FHA lending will not allow a Flip purchase! The VA will let you buy a Flip immediately afterward. Huge opportunity with that alone. I make it a point to create a team with my buyers, lenders, and realtors. I encourage the listing agents to call the lender directly so all concerns can be addressed upfront. I meet in person and explain the new VA product whenever possible. I am a former lender which really helps. But more than anything else, I think we owe it to our service men and women to do all we can to make a difference. I'd consider it a privilege to help. Count on me!
Many of us have done VA loans. It's a very competitive market, but it can be done.
Suzanne Looker
Hello. I have successfully found homes for various VA clients. Right now the home inventory is pretty low and it can be challenging getting a VA offer accepted. It can take some time to find the right home. Location and price are going to be factors. I have also been able to guide a couple of my VA clients with other financing alternatives. Feel free to contact me with any questions or for a list of homes. 510*205*6616
Hi! I have worked with a few agents in the East Bay that together we have closed VA loans successfuly. Let me know what areas you are interested in and I would be happy to send you a trusted source!

Have a great night.

Brian
Web Reference: http://www.loansquawk.com
Of course, but it's almost more of a factor as to who your lender is; he/she proficient with VA funding? That's a better question to ask...
Hello how are you hope you're well? My name is Mr Johnson,the loan lender from Dakar,senegal my dear if you are looking for a loan i guess you have to trust me because i work with bank of africa here in senegal so my dear if you really need a trust loan contact me at johnsonmenaki@yahoo.com
Flag Sun Jan 27, 2013
Hi Dayna,
Do you know of any lender that is proficient in VA funding?
Flag Tue Jan 8, 2013