Home Buying in Coeur D Alene>Question Details

Stevensoncin…, Home Buyer in Denver, CO

I am looking to buy something come April. I will be debt free and looking for my first home since my divorce in 2005. My dilemma is where?

Asked by Stevensoncindi, Denver, CO Sat Nov 17, 2012

I am a flight attendant and the airline I work for just opened a base in Denver. I live in Nashville, TN now and have been commuting to Chicago. The thought of living in a base is very appealing but I my dream has been to own a home on water in the CDA area. My thoughts now are to buy a modest home in
Denver and then possibly lake property near CDA at a later date. I'm worried that if I wait much longer to buy water front property I will miss out on something I can afford. Can you shed any light on this for me?

Answers

5
This is a great time to buy waterfront or secondary waterfront in our area.I would love to send you all the best deals at this time.My email is cbrochier@gmail.com & cell is 208-964-2136
Would love to help you find your way home in North Idaho...
My good friend works for Delta as a flight attendant that just loves the short commute to Spokane Airport.
Timing is the "million dollar question" here!

Mark makes a good point, what about considering all the beautiful lakes in North Idaho? http://www.idahoidahoidaho.com/area-lakes/

Your wise to jump in the market (wherever that is), and if/when prices do rise, you'll already be "in the game" Cindi!

Happy to meet with you anytime and give you a tour of North Idaho!

Good Luck with your position and decisions! :-)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2012
This is a bit hard to answer since I don't have your price range. You might find it helpful see all the listings on each different lake on my website InlandNorthwestRealEstate.com I've given each lake its own page so you can compare lakes, prices, and drive times to your future work.

If waterfront is too expensive I could help you with a secondary waterfront home, that way you'd have access to the lake and amenities without the high price and high taxes.

I'm ready to help and answer questions, I keep copies of maps for my clients as well should you ever want to know the local names of bays, etc.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 17, 2012
It is certainly possible to buy waterfront property in CdA. Are you only interested in Lake CdA or would you be open to other lakes in the area? What size of lot are you looking for and what price range? I know a great lender in the area that specializes in vacant land. I can put you in touch with him if you send me your info. You can email me at mark@isellnwre.com. Thank you! Mark Montgomery
Well, your fears may be warrented. Things have been picking up here, and that is good for sellers, not so much for buyers. There is still some great deals out there, but from what i took from what you said, you are looking at a couple of years down the road, why do you want to wait? Does your airline no have a hub in spokane?
gotcha, well in 10 years we could be any direction. Prices are down now, and they will be coming up, but in 10 years if you invest in your home correctly, you should be set to move up here and get what you would like. Denver is beautiful and a good waypoint until you get here!
Flag Sat Nov 17, 2012
No hub or base in Spokane. I would have to commute as I am now to either Denver, Las Vegas, or Oakland if I moved back to the Spokane area. I plan on living in the Spokane area once I retire, but that's at least 10 years away. So for now, I'm looking at possibly moving to Denver.
Flag Sat Nov 17, 2012