Home Buying in Macungie>Question Details

Tmk368605, Home Buyer in Macungie, PA

I am looking to buy my first home . My credit score is 510 and have a bankruptcy too . I only have about 3k-4k . Is this possible ? Thank you .

Asked by Tmk368605, Macungie, PA Sun Apr 22, 2012

The price range in homes that I am looking at is from $150k-$200k .

this is what I did. If you have debt- negotiate them and pay them off. typically if you have not made payments they will take about 33%. don't ever take their first offer. But you have to be delinquent for them to negotiate. If you have any credit cards- keep 2 of your longest standing ones, make a $20 purchase every month and immediately pay it off. then you need to wait a year....because what they are going to look at is your last year of payments. you must pay everything on time, no late charges at all. Whoever you pay on a monthly basis, ask them to report it to the credit bureaus, and give them the what they need to do it- like your landlord, garbage man, whoever- even a storage locker. Look at all 3 of your credit reports, contest everything that is negative, everything. the worst that can happen is they don't take it off, but chances are some of it will. with FHA- you need 3.5% down, so decide the price you want to pay and that is what you will need. then you wait...until your score is 620- and it will take a year to 18 months...and call bank of america. Nobody else will deal with people like us who have had some problems, but have straightened things out and are OK now.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 25, 2012
Based on the information you provided you would not currently qualify for a loan but it's definitely worth contacting a good realtor and mortgage professional so we can get you back on track and in a position to buy.