Kathy, Both Buyer and Seller in Somerset, PA

I am looking to buy in the myrtle beach area , I would like a great buy on a nice property or a good fixer upper. What do i need to know ??

Asked by Kathy, Somerset, PA Wed May 11, 2011

Answers

16
There are a lot of things to consider. Are you planning on doing the "fixing up" yourself or hire a contractor? Depending on the location, I believe that it is a fantastic time to build as there is large inventory of vacant lot's.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 7, 2013
Purchasing a good investment property is no easy task and you must be prepared especially in a fast paced market such as it is here. I would take the time to consult with an experienced agent here in the area, preferably myself, and get all your options layed out for you in detail. Once you are prepared to make a sound decision you will be ready to pull the trigger on that one specific property that is that good investment.
Dear Kathy, Now is the time to buy. According to the latest market analysis real estate prices have bottomed out and are beginning to come back up. It's a good idea to find a real estate agent to guide you and to protect your interests as you shop and sign a contract for a home. The seller of the property usually pays the commission on the sale. Let your agent know the type of neighborhood you are interested in and what style home and features you would enjoy in a home. Myrtle Beach has thousands of beautiful properties to choose from. You might also look in the nearby beach areas of Murrells Inlet, Surfside and Pawleys Island. You can go onto the Century 21 website and enter amounts into the amortization calculator to get an estimate on what your monthly payment will be. I would be happy to help you in your search. You can email me and I will send you exterior and interior pics of several homes. You will enjoy living in Myrtle Beach. The people here are friendly and it's a fun and interesting place to live. I look forward to hearing from you.
Kathy, Your timing is perfect. Now is the time to buy (or begin searching). Contact me and give me your criteria. I will gladly assist you and find you the perfect place. Mike @ 843-455-8992
Hi Kathy, Please go to Century21Broadhurst.com to see pics of beautiful properties in the area or call or email me with exactly what you're looking for and in what type of neighborhood and I will do my best to find the property. I'm a hard working dedicated agent . My email is wanda@century21broadhurst.com. My cell is 843-655-6456. The office number is 843-448-7169. Thank you for considering me as your agent.
Hi Kathy, You need a Realtor willing to help you find a property that will not be a pitfall of money for you.
Dear Kathy,

Please email me at mike@seaandsandrealty.com or mikejcostello@hotmail.com or give me a call (843) 333-1059. Once I know your price range, I will email you everything that is available with photo's attached for each one.

Michael J. Costello
Broker/Owner
Sea and Sand Realty
Myrtle Beach, SC.
(843) 333-1059
seaandsandrealty@gmail.com
http://www.seaandsandrealty.com
3 Steps To Find Out If Now Is The Best Time To Buy

You have heard it said that today it is a buyer's market. Because of our current economy, there is an overflow of inventory from which to choose. This combined with low interest rates makes it an ideal market for a buyer to purchase now.

Buying a home very much depends on the financial situation of you the individual buyer. The Myrtle Beach Short Sale Team suggests that you develop a plan of action to make buying a home either now or in the future, a lucrative and positive experience.

First Step - Contact a Trusted Loan Officer

A loan or mortgage person will help you review:

* your financial history
* your income
* credit reports
* other documentation

There are a multitude of options available and a good loan officer can steer you in the right direction. Often a solution can be crafted that best suits our situation and a smart loan professional can present more than one option. If you do not qualify for a loan at this time, you will have a good idea of what you need to plan for in order to qualify in the future.

Second Step - Hire a Buyer's Agent

A realtor that works on the side of the buyer is referred to as a buyer's agent. Their services include:

* Negotiating for the buyer
* Consulting with and working for the buyer
* Listening to the buyers wants, needs and dreams
* Assist with finding a potential property
* Showing the house to the buyer
* Proving market analysis on homes you are interested in
* Help with determining the fair market value of the property
* Completion of all necessary documentsfor the buyer

By meeting with a buyer's agent, you can determine if this is the person with whom you can work. You may want to interview two or more agents before selecting the one that is right for you.

Third Step -- Consult Other Recent Buyers

You will want to talk to friends, family members, co-workers or other contacts that have recently purchased a home. They will all have different experiences depending on their situation but it is good to become familiar with what to expect when purchasing real estate.

Use social media and ask questions. Ask people on Facebook if they have recently purchased a home and what was their experience. Ask for tips on what they suggest you look for when buying a home.

Are you still asking "Is now the right time to buy?" The answer is a resounding "Yes!"

Jerry Pinkas Real Estate Experts
854 Jason Blvd Myrtle Beach, SC 29577‎
(843) 839-9870
Kathy,

That question is a good indication you're thinking in the right direction.

Every Agent worth their salt can give you median prices of homes in the area where you're looking to purchase. Numbers are indisputable facts but you have to use the median prices, not the average prices. Anyone can get the relative information on their own through official tax records, etc. Using a qualified Agent makes your life easier by shortening the process of Due Diligence.

If this home is for you to live in, make sure YOU value the neighborhood. If it's an investment property, just remember you make your money when you buy the property, not when it's sold....

You need someone you can trust in the process. Interview your Agents and trust your instincts. If anything they tell you makes you flinch, choose someone else.

Gary Cherkas
Coastal Real Estate Pros
843.457.4086
It would be my pleasure to assist you through the entire process of purchasing a new property. Please feel free to call me with any real estate need.

Mike Eaglin
Broker
KingOne Properties
Myrtle Beach SC
843-455-8992
Hi Kathy,

Please give me a call with your specific home needs and price range. There are some great buys in the Myrtle Beach area. Location is very important and I will be glad to go over this with you in more detail.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ron Strickland
Strickland Appraisal & Realty Inc
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
(843) 947-0101
(843) 333-1569
strickland@sc.rr.com
http://www.stricklandrealtyinc.com
http://www.stricklandappraisal.com
Dear Kathy,

Please give me a call or send me an email and I will email to you hundreds of listings with a lot of photo's. I just need to get a better idea of what you are looking for I.e. House or Condo? What price range would you like to stay in? How many bedrooms etc.

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Michael J. Costello
Broker/Owner
Sea and Sand Realty
Myrtle Beach, SC.
(843) 333-1059
seaandsandrealty@gmail.com
http://www.seaandsandrealty.com
Hi Kathy,
Thanks for your question. Are you looking to make a move from Paauhau to Myrtle Beach or is this strickly an investment or rental property? I didn't have the opportunity to visit Paauhau but did enjoy exploring all around Kona for a few weeks. The big island is amazing. Have you lived there long?

There are some incredible values on properties in the Myrtle Beach area. If you are interested in an oceanfront condo that is rented like a hotel you will need to know that financing is limited. You will also need to know about the quality of the rental management and property managment companies as well as the anticipated rental income and managment fees and association fees. If you are looking for a single family home to rent long term, you would likely want to know which communities have historically had the best appreciation and appeal to prospective tenants. If you are looking for a condominium off the beach, a good question to ask is about the maintenance of the buildings, reserves for future repairs, community restrictions and if it can be short term like a vacation rental or only long term.

When assisting a client I typically begin with a good understanding of the needs,goal and budget. When you are ready, I hope that you will allow me the opportunity to assist you!

Malama pono,

Lori Harper
843-997-7299
LoriHarper@sc.rr.com
Web Reference: http://www.LoriHarper.com
Hi Kathy,

There are a lot of opportunities in this area for properties that need TLC with the price reflecting that need. Considering where it looks like you reside, the best answer to your question is - A really good, trusted real estate agent. Unless you have plans to move here and oversee work on a property, then you will need someone that you can trust to oversee the work and report to you. It is also important that the right property is identified for purchase and your agent is working in your best interest. While there are amazing deals out there, for the most part you will get what you pay for. Without a knowledgeable, experienced agent on your side then you could get into more than you bargain for. I have worked with many buyers that found the perfect property to match their budget, patience and time commitment for fixing it up. I would be glad to work with you to locate the opportunities and determine if they are right for you. feel free to contact me at dbenguyton@gmail.com or on the phone at (843) 241-1929. If you prefer to work through it alone at this time then we are here to give you guidance if needed. Best of luck to you and thanks for the question.
Hi Kathy,

Most of the great buys, but certainly not all of them, are mostly the distressed properties, meaning foreclosures and short sales.

Foreclosures are all sold "as-is" so you can expect some work to do to fix it up, although some are in move in ready shape.

Short sales take 3-6 months or more to close, but can often be a very good deal. These are usually sold "as-is" also.

There are so many things to know and think about, and so much depends on the location, price range, sub division, distance to the ocean (flood zone etc...) and many other factors.

If you want to give me call, or email, or tell me how to get in touch with you, I would be happy to speak to about all the option out there.

Myrtle Beach is widely considered one of the best beach destinations in the US and we are really experiencing a great time right now, with tons of new attractions, great prices, and a very good quality of life.

Thanks again!

John Kim
Hi Kathy:
Of course there are many questions about buying a Property here. Things that would be helpful are a price point, # of bedrooms & bathrooms, either a Home, Condo or Townhouse, close to or on the Beach, close to golf courses, time frame for moving, etc.
I would be most happy to search for you if you would let me know the answers to the above. I can go into our local MLS System and be sending you the Current Active Listings that match your Search Criteria so you could be looking at available listings. We are still very much in a Buyers Market in The Myrtle Beach Area.
At Your Service,
A Proud Veteran At The Beach,
Bill Eroh
beroh@kw.com
843-241-8645