Keith Dsouza, Home Buyer in Jersey City, NJ

I am looking to buy in Dixon Mills, Jersey City and wondering if I should buy there and whether it is a good decision?

Asked by Keith Dsouza, Jersey City, NJ Sat Jul 20, 2013

I have been reading some reviews and seen several complaints about rodent problems, but that might be from a year or two ago. Have you purchased in Dixon Mills? What has been your experience so far? Is they gym owned by the Condo? Are there any other concerns?

Answers

7
Keith,
I recently sold a condominium at Dixon Mills and have introduced many of my clients to the development. Dixon Mills is convenience and has a lot to offer. In addition, it is in an area of Downtown Jersey City that is ripe for future development, and thus increasing value. None of the people I know who live at Dixon Mills has ever complained about the issues that you reference, and every time I have been there, which has been quite frequent over the last couple of years, the hallways are clean and the common areas are inviting. The outdoor space is excellent and the fitness center is among the three or four best in Downtown JC condo buildings. In my opinion, it is among the best values in Jersey City. Thus, you would do well to take a closer look before listening to what others say -- and I would be most happy to facilitate a tour of the complex.
Art Kaufman
Keith,

As Realtors, we are obligated to inform buyers with information that we know about any property.

I always recommend that before any buyer purchases a property they perform their own due diligence including hiring a Home Inspector to look for issues with the property as this transaction is, most likely, the largest purchase of their entire life. Listening to hearsay can cost you from buying the perfect property for yourself. Additionally, your attorney will provide you with the legal guidance through this transaction.

For more information and further guidance, on this or another property, please feel free to call me at 972.868.4034.

Have a good evening!

Emil

Emil Veltre, RPh, MS,CDPE
Realtor Associate
Liberty Realty
Mobile: 973.868.4034
Email:EmilVeltre@aol.com
Web Reference: http://www.EmilVeltre.com
Unlike the rest of the posters here who are real estate agents, I was a buyer in the market 1 year ago, and here's what I heard at the time (the info may be old, so verify for yourself if the issues are still there):
- rodent problem (specifically mice) - this one you know already. But I heard it keeps coming back, despite treatments;
- sound proofing issues between units
- leaking roof in multiple units (could be potentially expensive to repair)
PS we ended up buying somewhere else.
hi Keith -

As the other realtors have said, Dixon Mills is a great place to live. Everyone I know of is happy with their decision to live there.

If you have not yet visited their sales office, please give me a call. I can let you know of any secondary sales in the complex as well as the sales offered by their internal office.
Hi Keith!

Dixon Mills is comprised of several buildings, all of which have a different feel. There are also multiple floor plans which adds to the uniqueness of the property.

The amenities at this property are amazing including an 8,000 SqFt "Life Style Center" with many features, a FREE shuttle to the PATH, Concierge service, multiple courtyards and BBQ areas throughout to name a few.

Any issues that come up in this complex are readily addressed and everyone I know that lives has not indicated otherwise. We were invited to a House Warming just yesterday at Dixon Mills for clients.

I would love to help you find out more and determine if your questions have been addressed so that I can help you with the very important transaction.

Call me at 973.868.4034 or email me at EmilVeltre@aol.com

Emil

Emil Veltre, RPh, MS, CDPE
Realtor Associate
Liberty Realty
Mobile: 973.867.4034
Email: EmilVeltre@aol.com
Keith,
I've sold three units at Dixon Mills, and all of my clients are happy with their decisions...a 4th unit is currently under contract and closing is pending...
There are many plusses to owning there. Great fitness center, gas grills in the courtyards, proximity to the PATH, shuttle to the PATH (great when there's snow), and so much more.
I'm happy to provide a detailed market analysis for you to help to make an informed decision, with specificity on this complex of 5 buildings made up of 467 units.
Reach out to me at your convenience.

Mark
Hi Mark, Thanks for the update. I did hear that they have some rodent issues and have thin walls in the units? Also some of the work they do to put units on the market is not on the par. Have you heard of these problems?
Flag Sun Jul 21, 2013
Hi Keith,
please call me and I will be more than happy
to provide with all the information you need and assist you.
Please take care.

Mony

Muharrem "Mony" Gunaydin

Weichert Realtors - Exchange Place
251 Washington Street|Jersey City, NJ 07302
201-860-4009 office
347-445-6190 cell
201-860-9117 fax

mgunaydin@weichert.com

SoldByMonyG.com
Hi Mony Im looking for duplex 2 family in the jersey hights, price at $225,000
please contact me if you do have something thanks. mejiawholesale@gmail.com
Flag Thu Jul 25, 2013