Home Buying in Aston>Question Details

Heather, Home Buyer in Media, PA

I am looking to buy a townhome in Aston. Would this, after 5 years, be a good investment? Is Aston growing?

Asked by Heather, Media, PA Wed Jun 25, 2008

or going downhill?

Answers

6
Hi Heather! I don't know if you already found a house but I have a great listing in Concord Hills! 59 Victoria Dr, aston, PA 19014 listed for $234,900 and many upgrades! I also specialize and work mostly with first time home buyers. There is a lot to know when buying your first house and I make sure that my buyers are well informed on all of the additional costs of home ownership. I am having a first time home buyer social on Sept 16th starting a 7:00pm at The Hollow at Fox Valley Condominiums in Glen Mills. 6104 Lydia Hollow Dr, Glen Mills, PA 19342 (off Rt 1 behind the Wawa). We will be answering questions and explaining the purchasing process as well as have a loan officer here to talk about financing and the first time home buyer tax credit. One last note. I think a town house is absolutely a great investment. We can never know for sure what the future holds but I have heard from an economist that they are predicting that with in 10 yrs more and more people are going to be downsizing because the cost of living will be going up. I sell new construction condos and I am already seeing it. Condos and townhouses are always a good first home and ending home for empty nesters. Good luck and let me know if I can help you with anything!
610-585-7730
suzi.king@prufoxroach.com
http://www.suzisellz.blogspot.com
Yes, Aston is growing. With such a great school district, it has become increasingly popular over the past several years. There are a tremendous amount of newer townhomes in the area and prices are still low. Combine that with the interest rates and you have yourself a great investment. Real Estate is still one of the best investments you can find.
Aston is a nice community although sometimes, as mentioned below, does get a bad rap. I attribute this largely to its proximity to Chester as well as the fact that it has been relatively "underdeveloped." In my opinion, it's a great value: you can get a lot of house for your money without sacrificing convenience and without having to move to the exurbs. Aston is very close to Wilmington and a quick ride by train to Center City from the Elwyn station. Septa is planning on building a new station on Route 1 at "Wawa" for the R3 Commuter Rail line which will allow even easier access for Aston residents to get to Philadelphia and other points in the Septa system.
Hi - Aston gets a bad rap because its very underdeveloped but that is changing and I find the most popular homes to buy around there ARE the newer townhomes like in Ballinahinch off Rt 452 and the townhouse community off Crozerville Road near the old Aston Votech outside the Lenni area. Those areas are better because they seem to re-sell quickly and appreciate nicely if properly maintained.
Web Reference: http://www.dannidewoody.com
Nothing after 5 years will be a good investment, especially in the current housing market. Unless you're planning on holding on to a place for 7-10 years, don't buy, rent...
Boy Heather, if only us agents had THAT crystal ball! I believe that just about any investment in real estate is a good one. The Aston Community has seen growth like most of the communities west of the Blue Route. There are some great deals in Aston, although some of my buyers think that the taxes are high. If you're a first-time homebuyer things are even better because of low interest rate and high housing inventory. Be sure to contact a Realtor who is knowledgeable about the area.